Supra 90-92 and Mr2 90-93 1/4 miles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilude

Legacy Member
I would like to know what's the timing on 1/4 mile for Supra Turbo 90-92 and Mr2 turbo 90-93.
Which one is better for performance modifications...?
How much do they go 4?
Are they faster than Prelude Vtec,typr R?
Thanks in advance!

A turbo MKIII Supra will run 15.2 stock while a MKII MR2 will get around 14.5

But the MR2 "plus points" stops right there.
Theres a huge different between an Inline 6 and a hard to reach centered 4 banger.
Just changing the exhaust and intake filter on the Supra will give you a huge benefit! (Low 14's)
As far as the rest goes, you'll have way more fun with a bigger car, and get Targa!

So my vote goes for the Supra, I6T torque, big and powerfull yet very agile and beautiful for a 10 year old car.

If you're serious about getting one, I could still consider selling mine.

First of all,thanks 4 the info.
How can u get into low 14s just by changing the filter and the exhaust...?
How much is your car doing on 1/4?
I am centering down my choice on 300zx,Mr2 and Supra...
I haven't driven any of these;therefore will have to see where's the boundary line between the look,confort and performance.

The stock turbo on a Supra will only push 6psi stock
So spooling is critical but with the stock exhaust, 2 mufflers and a Cat right in the downpipe, you have incredible lag (really bad).

So simply upgrading to a 3'' downpipe with no cat will give you around 50hp. Those are not "This P-Flow give me 15hp on my civic" statements... its been dyno-proven on supraforums.com at many occasions.

So yes, exhaust upgrade is crucial on a MKIII
As for my numbers, I'm still pretty stock but I'll be at Napi on friday... last time I went I had a blown HG.

Anyone out there will let me drive their car...to see how it feels cause I haven't driven either of them.
I'll make sure I treat it like my "Baby"!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mr.Two
I'll go with the MR2...

If the supra is that much better, wanna race? ;)

lol

Ohh yeah! :bigup:

But as far as the choice goes... it really depends on your taste...
Personally, I love big cars, targa's a blast and I got a really clean one! ;)

But drive both before you buy anything...

Woohoo a challenge! ;)

Seriously, i love your kind of supra... not finding an MR2, I waas in line to buy one... but finally, the two entered my house first ;)

Supra's are nice ride, no doubt about it, but the two is a bit faster. The thing i dont like about a Supra is his weight...besides that its a fun car to go have a spin around the block...:bigup:

i would take the mr2 anyday. looks MUCH more modern....nice and cozy, and much lighter. but it all depends on tastes. not that u wouldnt take a supra....these are basically my 2 favourite cars.

BTW for a 91-93 mr2, youll spend around $12000-$18000 maybe more for a real gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back