Another rant thread by RoAsT...WOW, you guys really suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoAsT

Legacy Member
There has been a lot of things happening in the Drifting section in the past week.

Some new users talk a lot and piss other members.
Some old members are getting agressive.
It even seems like there could be a murder in this section if we all ended up in the same room right now.

Drifting as a motorsport isn't the same thing as drifting in the dictionnary

You can call drift anything you want, as long as its sliding in a way. Even a leaf can drift if it's helped a bit by the wind.Dont you guys think that this section should be related only to Drift as a motorsport?

And about the new guys:

SSpikey has been saying for a week that he has seen them drift and bla bla bla. That they are good and diserve our respect. I DONT CARE. Snow sliding or winter driving comes more from RALLY than from drifting. I'm 99% shure you guys are fake anyway!!!!

In conclusion: Why dont we all stop that bullshit for a few months, and once it's all hot and dry outside, we'll know for shure who's the best, and who we should respect. Drift culture is supposed to be friendly, but it looks like a war here.

Last edited:
I agree,
Its the tough guy "im-better-than-you" attitudes and the agression towards eachother that will keep potential additions to the community on the sidelines as to not get in the middle of anyone's petty pride wars. It also makes the drifting community look hostile and uninviting for those who want to give it a try next season, or continue to be involved. Im surprised at how quickly this forum took a downhill slide.

Drifting is very very new here, and Automotion and others have put in a lot of work to introduce it with as much of a bang as possible (which they did). Now this forum should be geared towards involving new people into this sport and educating them so the sport GROWS.
Dan

Well my 2 cents on this topic are: I drift, whether you think I'm good or not I dont care, lol. I have my fans who give me a nice mark out of 10, other than the fact i lost control and hit the curb once, lol... its all good tho. Drifting is fun, there is no club or anyone (other than the cops) who can tell you that you can or cant drift, everyone is welcome :)

RoAsT said:
[...] Drifting as a motorsport isn't the same thing as drifting in the dictionnary

You can call drift anything you want, as long as its sliding in a way. Even a leaf can drift if it's helped a bit by the wind.Dont you guys think that this section should be related only to Drift as a motorsport? [...]

I agree, that was my aim aswell. I will keep a lower profile here and just post relevent content or a casual ":D" now and then. I love drifiting and love Nissan since they almost go hand-in-hand.

Slideways is the way to be! :bigup:

Too bad some ppl suffer from the god complex... a drift is a drift, you can achieve it with any car. To those who proclaim themselves kings of drift i say: who cares, our parents used to drift too, it's just that back then, they used different terms (well, maybe they didn't have a course made especially for it but you get my point). Don't think that by sliding sideways around corners you re-invented the wheel...LOL

Why can't ppl just have fun here? I wonder...

(i know, i said i wouldn't repost in this thread...but heh)

RoAsT said:
I DONT CARE. Snow sliding or winter driving comes more from RALLY than from drifting. I'm 99% shure you guys are fake anyway!!!!
ive been waiting for some one to say that!!!

GC8ADAM said:
RALLY

RoAsT, you had to say the word rally. Damn you!! now i have to go out driving. foker.

Other words that will make you wana drive:

Ice
Boost
"My other car is a porsche but today I'm in a hurry"
Powerslide

etc

Silvia S13 said:
Frank, I :bow: to u!!! where's my titanium tubular subframe from Roast Technologies?????!!!!!

Exactly at the same place than your inconel downpipe.....up ya ass!!!!

I think you guys might be taking this a tab bit serious. I mean are you going to be paid for drifting this summer? How about a car sponsored for you? Not really, huh?
I think that "drifting" in the winter is a fun thing to do, something I've enjoyed for oh about 14 years now, every winter. It's what guys with underpowered cars and a fear of breaking something on pavement do....and why not? I admit that having a loong, controlled slide on dry pavement is tougher than on snow but the feeling that you "got it right" wether it's on snow, ice or what not, remains the same. It's just that in the winter more people with a larger variety of cars can participate with out any damage to tires, suspension etc...
I'm a bit tired of the "drift snobs" telling people what is and what is not drifting...
Just go out and do it and have fun.

Last edited:
Chris@RMR said:
I think you guys might be taking this a tab bit serious. I mean are you going to be paid for drifting this summer? How about a car sponsored for you? Not really, huh?
I think that "drifting" in the winter is a fun thins to do, something I've enjoyed for oh about 14 years now, every winter. It's what guys with underpowered cars and a fear of breaking something on pavement do....and why not? I admit that having a loong, controlled slide on dry pavement is tougher than on snow but the feeling that you "got it right" wether it's on snow, ice or what not, remains the same. It's just that in the winter more people with a larger variety of cars can participate with out any damage to tires, suspension etc...
I'm a bit tired of the "drift snobs" telling people what is and what is not drifting...
Just go out and do it and have fun.

amen

OWN3D :D

today its...
Chris@RMR said:
more people with a larger variety of cars can participate with out any damage to tires, suspension etc...

but yesterday it was....
Chris@RMR said:
I need a car I care a bit less about to come and have some fun...any takers?

what will tomorrow be??

Luv ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back