Tires Tires Tires, which one to choose from???

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1champ

So, which tires do you "gentlemen" prefer when it comes to Drifting. Or what tires are you currently running. It's an Open topic, any insight on products quality and personal experience with a particular brand.

1-2-3 Go!!! :D

il y a deux sortes de azenis ........ le sport colle trop pour faire du show drift ..... sinon le ST-115 est pas mal cool ......

et advan ...... on a accès a trois modèle ici ..... 032r H et S, qui collent trop pour drifter .... et le 048 ..... que tu veux pas drifter avec ces pneus la à voir le prix ......

donc .... azenis ST-115 *tu*

Potenza S-03 or RE750 in front
Potenza RE950 or kumho 712 in rear
:bigup:
So nest summer I want try Azenis ST-115 in rear!

Read this, from Federal Tires it may be interesting, for the price...Federals are hard to beat *tu*

Federal SS595 is recognized by Drifters in Japan

In the beginning of this year, Mr. Takashi Okamoto, Managing Director of Autoway, a well-known UHP-oriented wholesaler in Japan visited Federal Corporation and shared a great news about increasing popularity of SS595 among the drifters in Japan.

From a marketing research done by Drifter Tengoku (in English: Drifter Paradise), a well-known Japanese magazine, Federal's SS595 is the third most favorable UHP tires among the drifters in Japan after Falken and Yokohama. This was a very encouraging result as the news came from a very competitive market consists of many major tire brands.

" Drifters are quite picky on tires. They always demand more on handling responses and smoothness of a tire with appropriate grip, well sound of noise, a huge amount of smoke from friction that produces a 'good' smell," analyzed Mr. Okamoto. As he emphasized, SS595 has outstanding performances on all points above. That is why SS595 has gradually become more popular among the Japanese drifters.

Mr. Okamoto is also a professional licensed drifter in Japan. He was very excited about Federal's progressive development toward the racing and drifting segment and would like to further promote SS595. Mr. Okamoto suggested that the best way to show SS595's superior advantages over other UHP tires is to attend the drifter shows.

" Due to Federal's successful marketing strategies on SS595, more and more Japanese end users came to our shop and asked for Federal brand tires, especially SS595. We were really inspired by such progress of Federal brand in the Japan market," said Mr. Okamoto.

Back to Dec. 15, 2002, the king of Japan drifter king, Tsuchiya Keiichi showed off his outstanding talent in TIS racing track. He was fully satisfied with our SS-595. Late February, SS-595 made its professional debut in the most famous drag race in Australia, BF Goodrich Drag Combat Championship. During the competition, Mr. Theo Whoollet drove his Nissan Skyline with SS-595 tire, he beat all other challengers and won the championship in expert AWD class. He reached top speed 135 mph and top elapsed time 10.83 sec. Federal would like to share this amazing news with all our valued customers.

I think this tire is more for a advance user due the very low tread wear, to sticky of a tire for drifting, shouldn’t go lower then 260 tread wear and 300 I think it’s the best for a guy around 260whp. You do need a very good tire for better control, a tire with over 360 tread wear its wortless to practice with, meaning you wont improve your car control skills.

Marco

Last edited:
ive got falken grb fk45 they are pretty decent for drifting, i want st115 but its ****ing hard to obtain they are always back order so i go whit the fk45 but i think its way too expensive for drifting, i also have 4 season AFFINITY on the rear, man thoses are hard to destroy,
' cheap as hell hard as a rock,that is a good drift tire

clouter said:
uh to have more control ?????
:dunno:
drift cest pas juste de faire partir le cul......

Meh, je parle pas de tire fini avec plein de borche qui sort... Je parle de payer pour des pneus cher de marque... C'est sur si tu fait de la competition la mais juste pour s'amuser :dunno:

tu commence avec des pneus caca pour savoir comment controler ta voiture en état de "dérapage" et ensuite quand tu es confortable tu augmentes pour des meilleurs pneus pour pouvoir drifter a plus hautes vitesses tout en gardant un controle

940T said:
Why pay for good rear tires to drift ??? :dunno:

Sorry man, but for guy that says you been practicing drifting for 4 years and half, you didnt learn much did you?

why do you think you need good tires to drift, its not only throwing your car sideways that counts, you got to be able to control it.....so when you're sideways you're giving throttle and when you want to stop or kick back the other way you need to rely on your tires, otherwise youl have some trouble to keep the car under control!

t-k moi je reste avec ma combinaison tres-bon pneus avant et ordianire en arriere :p

Chunky_Bai said:
Sorry man, but for guy that says you been practicing drifting for 4 years and half, you didnt learn much did you?

why do you think you need good tires to drift, its not only throwing your car sideways that counts, you got to be able to control it.....so when you're sideways you're giving throttle and when you want to stop or kick back the other way you need to rely on your tires, otherwise youl have some trouble to keep the car under control!

I know all that !!! I'm talking for the every-day guy on an ordianiry budget that does not do competition...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back