Fwd drifting techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightHawk

post your "techniques"

i know that fwd's drift dont last long while going around a corner, and we have to use the handbreake, but that slows down the car alot. so has any one maintained a good drift?
not on show ofcouse

ive done some good ones on on pavement, but its really dangerous and you have to be good and precised

its all about momentum and weight transfer, if you know your car well enough you can pull some solid 90 and ever 180 degree handbreak turns in a FWD. Its hard to explain, its more of a feeling and just knowing your car more then anything.

Basically if you want to get started, try going about 30 at a corner, (for the sake of this ill explain my execution of a 90 degree left-hand) and be abour 2/3 of the street away from the left hand curb. When you are approaching the normal "turn in" for the apex, swing right quickly and wait for the body roll, and then turn back left as fast as you can. Once your car's front end is recovered continue turning to the left and pull up the e-brake. You should maintain a decent RPM so you can pull yourself through the corner, and just continue until your rear end is starting to break free. Then countersteerin the direction you want to go and ease on the throttle (not to break the front wheels, keep your front-end traction).

If you start feeling your car, and start knowing when to begin, when to pull the e-brake, when to countersteer, and learn to modulate the throttle you should get better. I was really into it a few months ago, but like i said earlier its alot more dangerous. If you need to dodge something you are pretty much ****ed, since your controlling your car while its completely out of control. I was headed straight for a basketball net last time i did it, and then tried recovering only to hit a curb.

I suggest you scope out the turns first, make sure you have visibility and know the corner, and then start slowly. You can just toss out the tail lightly (if you've never drifted before its insanely cool) and as you get more comfortable start giving the handbrake more power to throw the tail out more.

the secret is high speed, you initiate drift by giving some styerring to the exterior and quickly steer to the interior. after this just floor the gas and adjust your angle by counter steering.

kmkze said:
go reverse

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

nice ok reculon.

erix-7 said:
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

nice ok reculon.

C'est toff a controler pass que les roues tournes....sérieux c'Est vriament vriament dur j'me pratique a faire sa justement :laugh:

Nodorifto2.JPG

NickZed20 said:

Tes mieux d'en avoir plusieurs comme sa parce que chu LOIN d'etre le seul a pensé sa ... et c'est MEME PAS une question de pensé c'est COMME SA . FWD = POWER SLIDE , RWD = DRIFTING ... that it .

P.S : met donc un image que c'est toi qui a faite , comme j'ai fait :D

940T sais tu comment le drifting a commencer? ?????
euh euh quoi? non?...bon shut up then
drifting ak un FWD c comme essayer de baiser une femme mais tu realise que c une travestie

SpyderFromJapan said:
940T sais tu comment le drifting a commencer? ?????
euh euh quoi? non?...bon shut up then
drifting ak un FWD c comme essayer de baiser une femme mais tu realise que c une travestie

ok c'est beau :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back