need 1993 civic hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonfed

Legacy Member
hey I've decided what I want. this time its for real. I'm in the desperate search of a 1992-1993 civic hatch. I paln to make it look nice. but I have a few pre-reqs. the car has to be red and have a five spd. other than that I don't car if its a dx, cx, or si...to tell you the truth I don't care if it needs a motor. Finaly it has to be within my price range...like 2000 to 3500
thanks
hotdog

That's a little cheap for a 93 civic!

this one is on hebdo.net for $4,800 and is practically the cheapest out there!
72005.jpg

Pa

Actually I found one in the Journal for about 2500, dx hatch...rust though....I fugured if that guy is selling his at that price I'm sure iI can find one at a similar price without rust

Your going to have a real hard time finding one for under
4000$. Why don't you get a 90 91, there lighter and cheaper and you can make them faster and as nice (in my opinion).

i have a 93 si hb for sale, u might as well go for the si so you wont regret it later since it has 4 disc brake and it has vtec, less complicated for a swap if thats what u have in mind e mail me if u re interested and i ll make u a deal ok heonmartin@hotmail.com

If your going to buy a 92 to 95 civic, it's going to be the exact same thing to swap in a SI or a CX, why are you saying otherwise?

cx does not have 4 disc brakes which is much harder on the brakes if u wanna do a swap, also the connections for the vtec are already there for the si so u dont need other connections if youre planning on swapping a dohc vtec for example its a bit simpler thats all

Your right about the brakes but I've had 4 wheel disq brakes on my old SI and I had to change the rear calipers because they would always jam on me but your right for the brakes but for the rest, it's the same thing because if you buy an OBDII engine your going to use the harness that comes with the engine so it does not matter if it's VX, CX, DX or SI but if your going to swap a OBDI engine, you can still use both harness as you will still have to run a couple of wires with both (just one more if your using the CX DX harness). Plus think about it if your going to buy a CX, your car is going to be much lighter and faster.

the cx weighs 2400 which is not alot of difference with the others, the vx and si already have the vtec wiring which is easier and the vx is even more simpler since it hac an egr valve with means less wires to the harness. what do you mean by obdi engine ?are u talking about jdm engines?

OBDI and OBDII are emisions ratings if I'm not mistaken. The wireing is different and a few other things. WhiteZombie can correct me again if I'm wrong.

Hey Cavi, read the first post. I thought you were "for real" this time.

Actually OBD is a systems diagnostic computer that tells mechanics whats wrong with your car. OBDI would be the first gen with not that many sensors and @#%$ but OBDII as alot more sensors and if you don't plug them up, the engine doesn't run right so you have to wire everything up so it's harder to swap in a non OBDII car because you will have to had wires. If you can find a nice OBDI engine (pre 96 swaps for Hondas) with low miles, I'd go for that because it's very easy to do the wiring but those engines are all starting to have some miles so you have to settle for a OBDII engine or a OBDI engine with alot of miles.

hey man...... theres plenty of civic (hatch if you prefer) for 3000-3500. I mean lots, and in good condition too. You just gotto know where to look.

Yes but there full of plastic, look carefully. Very clean ones still go for 5000$ and over. I'm not saying it's impossible to find a deal but most of them that are that cheap where rust buckets with a 500$ paint job to make them look good but after the first couple of months, the rust starts comming out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back