rumors about tickets being discarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

supra7276

i got a ticket bout a year and a half ago , i contested it , and since the day i sent the thing from the mail to say basically that im contesting, bout 14 months passed on it..... someone told me if from the date u contest it, 14 months pass, apparently theres a law saying that the delay was too much or somethin , and it gets annuled..... does anybody know if this is true ?

yeah it's true, I have a friend in the SQ ans he told me that when it happens, they'll forgot about you and nothing will happen after... it's like if your file became lost into the systeme but don't abuse it...

mazda freak, if finally i get a court date, do u know what i should do ? like i juss saw this in another thread ......

"I ask that the charge be stayed on the grounds that my right to a prompt trial as guaranteed by the Charter has been violated, through no fault of my own, and that this unreasonable and undue delay has caused my inability to prepare a full answer to the charge and my inability to recall the details in the alleged offence due to such delay, and that such delay has caused lots of anxiety and stress to me for the past months..."

i should juss say that in court ?

supra7276 said:
mazda freak, if finally i get a court date, do u know what i should do ? like i juss saw this in another thread ......

"I ask that the charge be stayed on the grounds that my right to a prompt trial as guaranteed by the Charter has been violated, through no fault of my own, and that this unreasonable and undue delay has caused my inability to prepare a full answer to the charge and my inability to recall the details in the alleged offence due to such delay, and that such delay has caused lots of anxiety and stress to me for the past months..."

yeah try to say that, it might work
if you notice all the people that go in court to contest a ticket and win it's just insane !

supra7276 said:

Youde better understand what it means though... that quote is from that website. take a look at it and learn a bit before going to court with just a sentence on the tip of your tongue... :bigup:

www.magma.ca/~fyst/

I sent in a ticket to be contested on september 25th 2002, I still havn't heard back. Is there any way they could still bring it to court?

EX-R_coupe said:
I sent in a ticket to be contested on september 25th 2002, I still havn't heard back. Is there any way they could still bring it to court?

You will never hear from them. They don't care / lost the file.

usually if you send the ticket with your "pladoyer de non culpabilité" and they don't send you a court date, that's because when they check the defense you wrote and the notes they took, they decided to not contest your decision and thus, not give you the ticket

Etienne

EX-R_coupe said:
holy crap dude....i hope youre not stressing over this. thats a looooong time ago.

MrSpace said:
usually if you send the ticket with your "pladoyer de non culpabilité" and they don't send you a court date, that's because when they check the defense you wrote and the notes they took, they decided to not contest your decision and thus, not give you the ticket

Etienne

I would'nt count on that. Sometimes, court delays (especially in Montreal municipal courts) are very long. If your explanation was held, you would have received a letter saying so. If not, get ready to go to court.

They will send you a letter not to present yourself or that the charges have been dropped if it is the case. If not, they will send you your court date. Like chaosExpanding said, court dates are very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back