question about speeding ticket. (don't worry, it's not the typical one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite

Legacy Member
i got a speeding ticket while i was going to ottawa, by a brown interceptor.
do i have to pay the ticket within 14 days?? or a month?
cop told me that i have 14 days to contest, if i don't contest it in 14 days, im guilty.
does it also mean that i have to pay the ticket in 14 days?

doesnt it say it on the reverse of the ticket, it usaly has writing on the back with all the rules and ect..,it should say it their.
but usaly its 30days,maybe ottawa is different, i dont know!

it should be written in the back of the ticket, but if not, usually it's 30 days, and even if you pass that they'll just send you a letter saying you havent paid yet. and if it's past the limit it doesn't make you guilty, your guilty once you pay it. i contested mine a little late and still have no news about it.

scarface2003 said:
it should be written in the back of the ticket, but if not, usually it's 30 days, and even if you pass that they'll just send you a letter saying you havent paid yet. and if it's past the limit it doesn't make you guilty, your guilty once you pay it. i contested mine a little late and still have no news about it.
well, i will pay the ticket. it's not like im saying im not guilty,
but the stupid cop didn't answer my question. he kept on just saying that i have 14 days. :rolleyes:

on the back of the ticket, it says:
within 15 days of receiving this notice, choose one of the following options. complete thge selected option and deliever it to the address shown on the payment notice. if u fail to exercise your choice within the 15 days period, or if u do not appear for trial, you will be deemed not to wish to dispute the ccharge, and a justice may enter a conviction in ur absence. upon conviction you will be required to pay the set fine(including costs) and the applicable victimm fine surcharge.

so , i have 15 days to contest. but do i have to pay it within 15 days as well?

The way I understand, you have to send them your plea within 15 days.

You probably have 30 days to pay.

John said:
The way I understand, you have to send them your plea within 15 days.

You probably have 30 days to pay.
i hope so.
it'll be great if someone can confirm this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back