Question about 350z !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a more serious note, my guess is that it drives just like any other rwd car, what kinda question is this anyways ???

you shouldn't drive that car in the snow.
I had to bring the car inside the garage to store it and the car couldn't make it up a 5 degree slope
the traction control doesn't let you do anything, and if you take it off your tires will spin

it's definately not a winter car

Rex79 said:
I had to bring the car inside the garage to store it and the car couldn't make it up a 5 degree slope
the traction control doesn't let you do anything, and if you take it off your tires will spin

hmm...the G35 coupe is incredible to drive in the winter, you notice the traction control kick in, but it only does so for a few seconds and then ur off like normal.

Were dose this myth of you cant drive RWD in winter come from.

BMW only makes RWD Cars. Guess Those 80 year old ladies must have gone to rally school :laugh:

What did you think People Did 20 years ago.

Put some descent wintertires on it you will have no problems

I'm working in a Nissan dealer and a few custumers came to see us to buy winter tires. But this car is not built to do that, the car is too low and the suspension is very very very too hard. I drove this car a few times for different reasons and i can say this; When i past over a tiny little bump on roads, it's seems to me inside the car, like i just past over a 6 inchs thick sidewalk !!!

So, imagine what you feel on irregular streets with snow and ice in winter !!!

TREMEK said:
Were dose this myth of you cant drive RWD in winter come from.

BMW only makes RWD Cars. Guess Those 80 year old ladies must have gone to rally school :laugh:

What did you think People Did 20 years ago.

Put some descent wintertires on it you will have no problems

i been saying that forever . what about pick up trucks , their RWD and ever worst when they have an empty box , no weight at all in the rear yet u see them everywhere

Rex79 said:

Yes you are right but if you convert it to 4wd like the G35 4wd you should have a lot of fun :laugh: but its low to the ground so keep it for summer :beer:

it's perfectly fine in the snow with good snow tires.

the only problelm is the car is very low...if the roads aren't clean you will end up banging everywhere.

You're all a bunch of fags or what?? (Tex excluded *tu* )

I drive my Z during winter and I've had no problem whatsoever so far. Of course, I bought 17' wheels and winter tires. The car is very predictable and safe given that the VQ35 is not too powerful!! I mean, we are not talking about a RWD muscle car with 400hp!!

SilverViper said:
You're all a bunch of fags or what?? (Tex excluded *tu* )

I drive my Z during winter and I've had no problem whatsoever so far. Of course, I bought 17' wheels and winter tires. The car is very predictable and safe given that the VQ35 is not too powerful!! I mean, we are not talking about a RWD muscle car with 400hp!!
maybe your happy but if you had a 4wd you will never want rwd anymore :rant:

you cannot compare a 2wd with a 4wd the 4wd will always be in front even in summer :squintfin :thefinger :devil: *owned*

SilverViper said:
WRONG!!!! *td*

Theres noting better than a Skyline and this beast is 4wd imagin if you put your
350z 4wd :bigup: like the G35 it will be way better if you dont beleive it
go at this sites and watch these guys run at over 200mp/h
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=32416&highlight=200+mph

at these speed a 4wd
is a lot more stable why do you think
Lamborgini do 4wd diablo (202mph top speed):laugh:
and Porsche too 200mph +:bigup:
a Skyline is the best car in the world

Imagin a Skyline in winter at 200mph or
in the rain *owned* much better and safer :D

NX 2.0 said:
Theres noting better than a Skyline and this beast is 4wd imagin if you put your
350z 4wd :bigup: like the G35 it will be way better if you dont beleive it
go at this sites and watch these guys run at over 200mp/h
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=32416&highlight=200+mph

at these speed a 4wd
is a lot more stable why do you think
Lamborgini do 4wd diablo (202mph top speed):laugh:
and Porsche too 200mph +:bigup:
a Skyline is the best car in the world

Imagin a Skyline in winter at 200mph or
in the rain *owned* much better and safer :D

WRONG again! You don't know what you are talking about! Real high end sports cars are RWD not AWD:

Porsche GT2 and Carrera GT
Ferrari Enzo, F50, F40 and other Ferraris
Mclaren F1
Corvette C6
Viper
etc, etc.

The AWD driveline adds unnecessary weight and the loss of power in the driveline is important!!
Lamborghini is an exception and I would say that it is a mistake. Look at the Murcielago, do you know how much this thing weighs? 1800kg!! That's insane for a sports car.

SilverViper said:
WRONG again! You don't know what you are talking about! Real high end sports cars are RWD not AWD:

Porsche GT2 and Carrera GT
Ferrari Enzo, F50, F40 and other Ferraris
Mclaren F1
Corvette C6
Viper
etc, etc.

The AWD driveline adds unnecessary weight and the loss of power in the driveline is important!!
Lamborghini is an exception and I would say that it is a mistake. Look at the Murcielago, do you know how much this thing weighs? 1800kg!! That's insane for a sports car.

Off topics/hors sujet

Ok i dont want to start a debate its my opinion/
je veux pas partir de debat je donne mon opinion

I love Groupe B rally cars and WRC these car are faster than you think
when modified like the Lancia Delta with Supercharge/and turbo stock(twincharged) and a Skyline is the best car in the world,fastest when modified in straight line,and more reliable than all the car you name there !!

Groupe B rally cars and WRC

c'est tout/thats all

The Diablo its maybe heavy but it do the 1/4 mille in 12 sec stock even with the addad weight compared to ferrari :argue:

Theres a lot of car you dont even know in Europe that are faster than the cars you know and are 4cyl and 4wd

Last edited:
NX 2.0 said:
Off topics/hors sujet

Ok i dont want to start a debate its my opinion/
je veux pas partir de debat je donne mon opinion

I love Groupe B rally cars and WRC these car are faster than you think
when modified like the Lancia Delta with Supercharge/and turbo(twincharged)
and a Skyline is the best car in the world,fastest when modified,and more reliable than all the car you name there !!Ferrari its always

Groupe B rally cars and WRC

c'est tout/thats all

The Diablo its maybe heavy but it do the 1/4 mille in 12 sec stock even with the addad weight compared to ferrari :argue:

Three things:

1- I am not talking about rally cars...
2- The Skylne is obviously not the best car in the world *banghead*
3- An AWD can be fast on a road course, no doubt about that... but you will need more power to compensate the added weight and driveline loss!!

Bottom line, IMO an AWD set-up is not the best base to build the ultimate sports car given that you add weight to the structure and you will need a more powerful engine to get the same results on a track!! Get it??

SilverViper said:
Three things:

1- I am not talking about rally cars...
2- The Skylne is obviously not the best car in the world *banghead*
3- An AWD can be fast on a road course, no doubt about that... but you will need more power to compensate the added weight and driveline loss!!

Bottom line, IMO an AWD set-up is not the best base to build the ultimate sports car given that you add weight to the structure and you will need a more powerful engine to get the same results on a track!! Get it??

Yes :beer: good attitude :bigup: but in the wet/winter 4WD is the best
in summer rwd is good but in winter its not made for winter
1 place =4WD with handbrake and controled power slide
2 place =FWD with handbrake and control oversteer with the gas and conter steer
3 place =RWD push the gas to oversteer and lift off the trottle and contersteer
to stop oversteer or have a lot of front brake to escape the spin but you lose control if too much oversteer

4wd Its the better way to drive in the wet

In straight line RWD is faster because of the less weight than 4wd ,but thats all

Last edited:
People that say that RWD suck in the winter are idiots who can't drive cars.

I drive an Open-Diff RWD BMW and NEVER do I have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back