Drive without bumper cover = illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteMK3

Legacy Member
Does anybody know, for a fact, if it is legal or not to drive without the bumper cover (the skin, normally called the bumper).....that is, drive with only the bumper support (beam)...

thanks....

I think if you made arrangement to fix the situation and have proof with you (estimate/invoice etc.) then you should be ok. If you are trying to drive permanently without one then you will get occasional hassle.

I think it's legal. I drove for a few month without them on my previous car, I got pullled over for having no bumpers until I explained to the cops that the bumpers are still there but the plastic cover is gone and they let me go.

Ski serait pas legal est de pas avoir le styrophome et autre morceau critique lors d'un impacte.
Le bumper cover fait pas grand chose sauf couter cher de reparation!

FreAkErZ said:
Ski serait pas legal est de pas avoir le styrophome et autre morceau critique lors d'un impacte.
Le bumper cover fait pas grand chose sauf couter cher de reparation!

I aproove that!! *tu*

ce qui est illigal c d'oter le pare chox comme tel (le beam comme tu dit) c ça qui absorbe l'impact pas le gugusse de plastique par dessus

Si té chanceux pis que tu te fais pas arrêter, tu peux tuffer un boute. J'ai un chum qui s'est promener pendant 3 semaines sur le rim, y'avait pogner un flat en arrière pis y l'a jamais fait réparer. Finalement, il s'est tanner pis y'a envoyer le char à la scrap!

im pretty sure its legal to drive around like that, i remember at lafleurs some guy had no bumper and i asked him if it was legal or not, he said it was legal

koituveu said:
j voit regulierement une neon qui manque l aile avant droite..doit pas etre legal ca non plus..

That's illegal. Not allowed to drive with exposed wheels or wheels that are wider than the fender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back