CD changer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashblade

I've been having this problem for a few months now and I finally took the whole thing apart yesterday to no avail. Changer is the stock changer from a 99 A3 Wolfsburg.

Here is the problem, the CD Changer works fine most of the time but every now and then it gets really scratchy (usually during spirited or bumpy driving). I popped the trunk and i'm able to reproduce the problem by tapping my finger on the wiring harness... if I tap hard enough the CD changer even gets disconnected.

From what I could tell everything looks good inside the changer, all the wires on that end are nice and snug. Could it be a loose connection in the harness itself? If so what's the best way to fix it? Build a new one? Wire it straight through?

I can take pictures and go out and perform any tests you guys might recommend, thanks in advance!
:D

Either get a new one or, try and pinpoint which wire/s is loose and try stuff... pull the wire out, quickly dab a drop of hot solder on it, and shove it back in.... Best thing if you don't want to experiment, is to get a new harness though (that is if your SURE that this is the problem!)

Originally posted by 99AltimaGXE
Either get a new one or, try and pinpoint which wire/s is loose and try stuff... pull the wire out, quickly dab a drop of hot solder on it, and shove it back in.... Best thing if you don't want to experiment, is to get a new harness though (that is if your SURE that this is the problem!)

No, i'm not... what can I do to test it to make sure?

What else could cause a crackle like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back