Any one have a 94 Altima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acuraz

Legacy Member
IF any one has one can you let me know what you think of them as a car.. I am looking into getting a second car.

I have a '96 now. Its a good car, built solid. No engine or electronic trouble. I find the engine lags from 20-60 though, but maybe its because I am not used to driving a 4. I bought mine this summer for 9,500$, and similar year Civics and Corolla's where around the same price, and they are much smaller cars than an Altima.

I have a '99 that I picked up for $14,000 before taxes. Runs great.... a little bit more body roll then I like, but all in all it handles much better then my mom's old Sunfire GT... I was quite surprised. Ah well, coilovers and wheels coming next year I guess.

I have a 95 with 131000km. My dad bought it brand new for 17000$ + tax, and nothing actually ever broke on it except for normal wear and tear. We only changed the brakes once, regular oil changes, and the alternator and battery died, although I'm pretty sure it was because of my sound system

I have a 95 gxe, I bought it 7000 $ one year ago and had absolutaly no problems with it. The ka24de is one hell of a reliable engine. I got 176 000 kmm on it and it's steel in top shape.

I drive a 94 auto as a daily driver, its got 240k on the clock it doesnt have as much pickup as it used to (wich is understandable) but still runs strong. My family has been abusing it all its life, 3 teenages (2 guys and 1 girl) were beating the shit out of it for the last 6-7 years. It can take alot of abuse. Very solid car, no funny rattles or anything like some older cars seem to get after time.

Just 2 weeks ago a car didnt stop behind me in highway traffic and hit me pretty hard in the rear bumper, two radio buttons poped out, but the bumper barely showed any marks of abuse and barely moved out of position, the guy's intrepid front bumper took more dammage.

Originally posted by Rotary Exp7
I drive a 94 auto as a daily driver, its got 240k on the clock it doesnt have as much pickup as it used to (wich is understandable) but still runs strong. My family has been abusing it all its life, 3 teenages (2 guys and 1 girl) were beating the shit out of it for the last 6-7 years. It can take alot of abuse. Very solid car, no funny rattles or anything like some older cars seem to get after time.

Just 2 weeks ago a car didnt stop behind me in highway traffic and hit me pretty hard in the rear bumper, two radio buttons poped out, but the bumper barely showed any marks of abuse and barely moved out of position, the guy's intrepid front bumper took more dammage.
Alright! Good, my bumper is safe!!!!!!

Can't say the same for my radio though :(

But they are REALLY reliable cars! Go check out http://www.altimas.net ... there are many more stories such as the one above, as well as some VERY interesting topics of conversation!

93 Altima GXE

I have a 93 Altima with almost 210ks on it and it runs as good as new (which I wouldn't know because I bought it used).
I was provided with all of the bills of maintenance ETC and nothing major was done to the car, except a paint job but the same color as the factory one. I've had it for 2 weeks now and i'm enjoying the car. Body roll is noticeable, and the car looks almost like a SUV without a drop. So it would look like a normal with a Drop LoL :p.
I've done a couple of minor mods to the car; orange tail blinker painted red, white front blinker, white sidemarker from Mercedes-Benz.
It's a great running car, and there's a good site that you could go checkout: www.altimas.net
I consult it regularly as there are many good FAQs and tutorials.
I'm looking for someone in the Montreal area to mod the alty with me, so if you ever get the car, hit me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back