Speeding up the court dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzz

Section Moderator
Is there any way to have a court date bumped earlier??

Is there a court house I can go to, or a JP and just go In and out?? In a few months I wont be in Montreal anymore, and I am sure as hell not going to drive all the way back for a lane change violation.

Kev

Sorry, I don't really see a way to speed up things... The files have to go through all the administration, nothing much you can do about that.

Do you, or anyone else happen to have any addresses or numbers for the administration buildings, etc. I dont see why it takes so long to get a simple court date. Itsn't anything computerized down here in Quebec? Everywhere else, from the time you get the ticket, or the notice in the mail, it is only a matter of weeks until your informed.

I mean, even administration wise.. how hard is it to look at a calender and give out a damn date. I've been through the court system quite a few times. You walk in, the officer isn't there, the charges are dismissed, and you walk out. It takes 60 seconds. If the officer IS there, it takes 5 minutes to prove your case, or move onto an actual trial, but for the 1st appearence, 90% of the cases are struck down.

Are the courts only open from 10 - 2 or some stupid thing like that. I would really like to know as much information I can so that I can launch a complaint into the court system for extremely long delays. I mean, having to wait 1 - 2 years just for a court date is way too long. Anything over 3 months is too long.

Unfortunatly that's the way our system is. Usually delay times for a ticket is around 1 year. Some municipalities have shorter waiting periods, but Montreal has a high volume to deal with, so you have to wait your turn.

The only other suggestion if you do not want to wait, is to pay your ticket and declare yourself guilty. You can go directily to the court house with your ticket and you wont have to wait. Other than that, there is nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back