Got a ticket a year ago...no notice..

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodtohave

I got it almost a year ago, small speeding ticket in Eastern Quebec, near NB border. Forgot to pay it within 30 days so I figured I would wait for a notice. Have yet to get anything. I renewed my plates recently, no problem. Do you think it got lost...do I try to find out more or just wait?

I don't want to get nailed with huge added costs.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

I would check with SAAQ. Call them to see what happened and keep us posted.
If you didn't get anything and didn't fight it or pay it, you should get a court date shortly. Don't count on the Tooth Fairy to have taken care of it ;)

Even if you go to pay you plates and everything seems to be okay, it does not mean that it is. If you have not recieved a notice, you should get one shortly. Many things can also explain your delay. Have you changed adress sice you recieved the ticket?

If I were you, I would try to find out. The worst thing is to end up with unpaid tickets and having your licence "sanctionned". Do like chaos told you and call the SAAQ or more probably the district court house that your ticket is linked to. (often found on the front of the ticket itself).

Last edited:
I once ignored a ticket for almost a year and then I got a much, much bigger one in the mail... better look into it.

Pat@SCP

goodtohave said:
That's what is weird...I didn't move. I won't get a court date because I did not plead not guilty.

If you ignore the ticket, it's the same as if you plead not guilty. You will recieve a court date. I wouldn't let it lie around if I were you. Check it out.

I heard from a prosucutor (sp?) If sometimes you send a story in they can read it and claim not guilty or they won't bring you to court. Any truth to that?

XxJDMCivicxX said:
I heard from a prosucutor (sp?) If sometimes you send a story in they can read it and claim not guilty or they won't bring you to court. Any truth to that?

That is true but so rare. I've actually never hear of anybody ever winning a ticket this way.

Well parking tickets he said that if you write an explanation most of the time they will just agree with you cuz ppl in the montreal city cars don't know shit lol. I've had a ticket in laval that I wrote a explanation for and I haven't heard anything in 3 1/2 years lol.

moi j'ai contesté un tiket il y a 2 ans et j'i pas eu de nouvelles, j'imagine que c'est fini je suis un chanceux tu en est un aussi!!!!! t'auras probablement pas de news

Assurez vous aussi que votre adresse est à jour à la SAAQ. S'ils ont envoyé les papiers à la mauvaise adresse, ça pourrait compliquer les choses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back