I'm a Police Magnet-I Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soopacharged

Legacy Member
I have a few questions.

For chaosExpanding
1)Do the police keep notes in a database on particular drivers?

2)I've been pulled over so many times for "verification" that I've lost track. Everything is always fine. Is there anything I can do or do I just take it like a man.

For FF Racer
1)Do the police target certain groups of motorists? For example, young, type of car, gender, or race?

2)Is it possible that I attract attention to myself?

3)If I'm driving in an area that I don't live in does that give you enough reason to stop me? For example, driving in Brossard while living in Longueuil. I'm not making this up it really happened.

Soopacharged said:
I have a few questions.

For chaosExpanding

2)I've been pulled over so many times for "verification" that I've lost track. Everything is always fine. Is there anything I can do or do I just take it like a man.

For FF Racer
1)Do the police target certain groups of motorists? For example, young, type of car, gender, or race?

3)If I'm driving in an area that I don't live in does that give you enough reason to stop me? For example, driving in Brossard while living in Longueuil. I'm not making this up it really happened.

Dude i get your drift.... it's even worse when you are driving a VISIBLY modified motorcycle...

It depends what car you drive and what you look like.. An 18 year old driving a SL500 *might* be suscpicious... :)

Tharkhold said:
Dude i get your drift.... it's even worse when you are driving a VISIBLY modified motorcycle...

It depends what car you drive and what you look like.. An 18 year old driving a SL500 *might* be suscpicious... :)

Look at my list of cars. Nothing special. 240Sx is stock. So is the van. The SHO has an exhaust and that's it. I'm also 30 years old now.

Soopacharged said:
Look at my list of cars. Nothing special. 240Sx is stock. So is the van. The SHO has an exhaust and that's it. I'm also 30 years old now.

Lol, humm you might just be unlucky.... I dont know what else it could be..

For FF Racer

Not in general. We are there to apply the law. Speaking for myself, I do not discriminate by pulling over a certain group. A police officer can pull over a vehicle for various reasons without necessarily having the driver make a infraction.
1- To verify the mechanical status of the vehicle;
2- To verify the status of the driver, to see if he his able to drive (alcoohol, medication, fatigue...)
3- To verify that the driver has all his documents and in valid condition.

Yes very. But this all depends on the way you drive, (are you agressive?), what your car may look like, (do you drive an rusty old car, or do you drive an Escalade with 24"?), is your car overly modified?, the way you look at police officers while you pass next to them may be another factor (do you have something to hide type of look...) Many other factors are possible.

What time were you driving at? Where were you driving? (residential, commercial, industrial) Was there a lot of traffic, or people on the road? How were you driving? Plus, my answers at question #1 and #2 come to mind...

It might be suspicious for a police officer (or any reasonnable citizen) to see a single car down a residential or industrial street at a certain time. They might think that you are organizing a burglary, or driving a stolen vehicle... Remember we do not know what is going on in your mind. A routine checkup can be normal in those cases. But in general, where you live is not a factor.

Hope this helps...

Soopacharged said:
I have a few questions.

For chaosExpanding

I think FFRacer could better answer these questions ;)
It seems you are doing something to attract attention... so keep your nose clean. Since we've never met, I can't tell you what it is (attitude, driving, style/type of vehicule).

Soopacharged, la police de St-hubert fais ca souvent ... acote des gens pour des raison inutile pour ensuite te dire que c'etait une verification.. dans le coin ou je suis a St-hub, ya pas mal de Street "fatiguant"... des jeunes qui ouvre leur char a 4hr du matin pour aucune raison valable alors la police doivent avoir bcp de plaintes pour bruit.

FFRacer said:
I don't really understand your question.

I've been pulled over so many times for no apparent reason that I find it hard now to drive near police. I always seem to get picked out of the crowd. It's the samething over and over again. They check my papers and let me go. My record is clean. I've never been in trouble with the law. Basically if everyone was like me you'd be out of a job.

So my question is, everytime I get stopped is there a record of it kept somewhere and do I have acess to it?

chaosExpanding said:
It seems you are doing something to attract attention... so keep your nose clean. Since we've never met, I can't tell you what it is (attitude, driving, style/type of vehicule).
Today 10:42 AM

I swear that I don't stick out. It doesn't matter what I drive. I've never had a fancy car. As for driving style I drive with the flow of traffic. I'm at a loss. I just want to be left alone.

Not really, but you vehicle's licence plate is recorded for a period of time in our system every time you are checked up. The only other "database" that you might be recorded into is if you have been issued a warning. For example you are intercepted for a burnt light, the police officer issues a warning called AVT. You have from that point 72 hours to fix whatever is wrong. The warning stays in the system for 30 days. So after the 72 hour period, if you havent fixed whatever is defective, the next time you get pulled over you might get a ticket.

Nothing much to do. Sorry.

Crazy_mart said:
Soopacharged, la police de St-hubert fais ca souvent ... acote des gens pour des raison inutile pour ensuite te dire que c'etait une verification.. dans le coin ou je suis a St-hub, ya pas mal de Street "fatiguant"... des jeunes qui ouvre leur char a 4hr du matin pour aucune raison valable alors la police doivent avoir bcp de plaintes pour bruit.

Excuse my french. La derniere fois que la police m'arrete c'etais par ce que la policiere avait vu quel que chose dans la siege arriere de ma voiture. J'avais un valise et des vetement. C'est impossible que elle peut voir ca sans sortir de son voiture. Apres ca elle a me demander qu'es que je fait dans Brossard si j'habite a Longueuil. A cette moment la j'etais tanne(pissed,fed up) donc j'ai dit Brossard, St.Lambert, Grennfield Park, Longueuil, St.Bruno est toute la ville de Longueuil maintenant. Elle n'aimer pas ca. Je lui demander s'il y a pas rien d'autre a faire. Elle me repondre non. :squintfin How's my french?

Does the privacy law apply to our police database informations?
The new law where if I call a company and ask for everything in my folder.. they have 30 days to send it to me, else I can call the Comission and they'll be in trouble.. Does that affect the police too, or is that an exception? (I'll search better informations on teh exact new law :p)

FF Racer said:
No you can't have access to it.

Do you atleast find it unusual? It's been atleast 30 times in the last 5-6 years. Why stop me if I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. I drive a car like this. Looks pretty much like a regular Taurus.
hubler1.jpg

Well basicly it's an old law that finally is beeing pushed in action as of January 1st.

I had a training to do at work on this law.. but one thing I ain't sure is if the police is included in this law.. as is the police private or public?

Anyway, the law says that you can call any company and ask them for your "file".. infomrations they gathered on your name/address/interesets etc.. and also the notes that support or whoever called you wrote within. So you can call your insurance company, and ask them for your folder.. and they have 30days to send it to you, else you can make a coplaint at the comissioner!

But BTW.. Soopa, www.saaq.qc.ca you know you can get a status on your license by there.. might be some informations you don't remember or didn't know of? :dunno:

I dont wanna be a bitch, but some cops are just racist sob... and I think your black, I have many black friends that keep arested all the time driving crappy car or lexus.

fORTY2nSick said:
I dont wanna be a bitch, but some cops are just racist sob... and I think your black, I have many black friends that keep arested all the time driving crappy car or lexus.

I am black. Part of me wants to believe that they're not just pulling me over for that reason alone. The other part knows that's the only reason they pull me over. That's when I get pissed and talk back when they say everything is ok. I'm like no shit. I start to make a fuss. Sometimes they laugh and tell me to be happy I didn't get a ticket. Or they just walk off. Once they couldn't even be bothered to get out of their cruiser to give me back my papers. They drove up next to me and passed them through the window. i'm getting mad right now just thinking of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back