Driving With Missing Body Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soopacharged

Legacy Member
I'm just curious to know if it is illegal to drive without a body panel on your car such as a fender or bumper cover? The reason I ask is once I had to drive my car without a hood. I wasn't sure if it was legal or not.

I'd kind of like to know as well since I am presently driving without a bumper cover until Saturday.

Soppacharged, I can't be sure, but I think that if you remove any part that is suppose to do something in the event of an accident, then it's illegal.. Or if removing a part could put in danger someone else's life in the event of an accident. For example, driving without a hood could put in danger your own, or someone else's life, since the alternator could come off.. or the radiator.. or some fluids.. and hit someone, land on someone.. etc.. cut someone's leg or arm.. you know, collateral damage.

audioX said:
juste imagine you hit someone and is feld in the engin bay while the engin is running :cry:

ow..

that would be painful lol not to mention pretty damn hot too

Driving without having on your vehicle major body parts is illegal and can be dangerous. I'm not talking about a bumper-cover, but the actual bumper and reinforcement, fenders, hood...

I don't have the actual article in the CSR, but when I find it, I'll include it in my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back