can i get a mufller ticket without ever been pulled over ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[MICK]

Legacy Member
I got a ticket in the mail .. muffler ticket for 148 $ ... however i never got pulled over .. i checked the address .. and it says that it was at the coliseum .. so i`m guessing they put a ticket to my window when my car was parked .. how can they do that ? ... they didnt hear how loud my muffler is ...

Such a ticket is issued to the owner of the vehicule. No need to identify the driver, so yes, they can send it to you by mail.

On the other hand, that dosen't mean the ticket is right about your muffler. Alot of muffler tickets are being challenged and we should get a decision from the Quebec Court of Appeals this summer on this issue.

If they never heard your muffler, they can never prove it was louder that the original. If everything the muffler was safe and firmly attached, with no apparent holes, you might have a strong defense by saying that there is no proof that it is louder than the original.

Keep us posted about how it goes. Good luck ;)

chaosExpanding said:
Such a ticket is issued to the owner of the vehicule. No need to identify the driver, so yes, they can send it to you by mail.

On the other hand, that dosen't mean the ticket is right about your muffler. Alot of muffler tickets are being challenged and we should get a decision from the Quebec Court of Appeals this summer on this issue.

If they never heard your muffler, they can never prove it was louder that the original. If everything the muffler was safe and firmly attached, with no apparent holes, you might have a strong defense by saying that there is no proof that it is louder than the original.

Keep us posted about how it goes. Good luck ;)

thanks i`ll let you guys know ... plus my car passed both federal and CAA inspection with that muffler ... so i dont see anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back