I dont know about you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trueno

Legacy Member
But ''we'' (in Ottawa) are getting a shit load of snow and I'm done work at 06h30AM.

Time to give my new set-up a try...

195/65R14 in the front and 185/60R14 in the back (all 4 are winter tires of course). The car looks like shit (higher in the front) but the balance is perrrrrrrrrrfect. No need for the handbrake anymore, pendulum turns are were its at.

I got that little trick from watching Touge passes. They use bigger/wider tires in front on FWD cars to even out the handling. Turns out it works great in the snow.

My left foot steering is really easy now since the enhance traction in the front, the rear is easier to slide without the handbrake.

The garage made me sign a waiver though :laugh: They told me they werent responsable if I killed myself...ahhh well :dunno:

In case your wondering, my winter beater is a 93 EG Civic Hatch.

Take it easy to work boys, save it for tonight. That goes for you too Haig, your boss already warned you :rant: :laugh: !!!

Trueno said:
But ''we'' (in Ottawa) are getting a shit load of snow and I'm done work at 06h30AM.

Time to give my new set-up a try...

195/65R14 in the front and 185/60R14 in the back (all 4 are winter tires of course). The car looks like shit (higher in the front) but the balance is perrrrrrrrrrfect. No need for the handbrake anymore, pendulum turns are were its at.

I got that little trick from watching Touge passes. They use bigger/wider tires in front on FWD cars to even out the handling. Turns out it works great in the snow.

My left foot steering is really easy now since the enhance traction in the front, the rear is easier to slide without the handbrake.

The garage made me sign a waiver though :laugh: They told me they werent responsable if I killed myself...ahhh well :dunno:

In case your wondering, my winter beater is a 93 EG Civic Hatch.

Take it easy to work boys, save it for tonight. That goes for you too Haig, your boss already warned you :rant: :laugh: !!!

HEHHE!!! :bigup:

I did that to on my 323 beacause I have no hand brake and the pendulum is working even better...and for the left foot braking It only works when I go about 60-70 km/h...but damn does it work...a little tap on the brake and here we go dude!!!!!

RafSTar said:
how are we supose to coment on this. Don t take it personal. , i have nothing agains you

:dunno:

Like the 2 post above maybe ???

It was just a little comment, nothing earth-shatering...

I've seen his setup (trueno)... man that's one ugly ride... but dawm it's woking almost like a rwd... He made me sit in the passenger side for a little ride... and it seem to drive really well... not only on snow but on tarmac too... and this guy is one hell of a driver!!! you almost maked me like fwd... Hey couz... keep it sideways... check ur pm!!!! i'm at work....

I've read about people also do that tire trick on some time attack cars as well (it was an evo VII).
Dan:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back