Impounding Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxJDMCivicxX

Legacy Member
For a speeding ticket is there a set speed that you go over that will get your car impounded or for any violation?
Last time my friend got a ticket for goign 240km/h his car was impounded on sight. Just wondering what you have to do to get your car impounded from a ticket (not for stolen parts, or illegal stuff).

probably the car were send in a inspection becausde the police that it was a track car .

or the licence of your freind was alredy suspendend

the most resons why the inpond a car
- drivers licence , car registration or insurance paper not valid . check your dates
- driving while drinking
- stolen car
- car involve in criminal act
- car made for race track , or come from other state with too much modification ( saw once in 3 year ) a hot supra G reddy with 600hp

they can't impound your car for being "too modified", they can impound your car if those modifications make it so the car is no longer safe or no longer complies with provincial standards.

The car was a stock 2003 M3 E46 6 Speed. The car was not modified everything was paid insurance, registration. The car was not stolen and nothing is wrong with it.

XxJDMCivicxX said:
The car was a stock 2003 M3 E46 6 Speed. The car was not modified everything was paid insurance, registration. The car was not stolen and nothing is wrong with it.

as far as speeding is concerned i think that at certain speed above the posted limit there is no longer a just a fine, i think at that point it can be considered criminal in witch case they would impound the car and arrest you

Well I was just wondering what's the standard. Like double the speed limit will get your car impounded automatically or something like that? He got his impounded for 2 days and had to pay around 300$ to get it out. No criminal charges though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back