240 owners i need your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyz24

ok guys....i need to ask you guys some questions about owning a 240...i presently own a chevy z24 a 97..but the car isnt very reliable..now my questions are the following:

-how reliable is the 240..generally speaking..does the car have any known problems

-how bad is RWD in winter..is it as bad as people say it is?

-how does it handle?is the car a good daily driver?

-my budget allows me to get the sr20det engine and a couple orf little extras here and there..question is lets say things start going wrong..are parts hard to get..can i order them only from nissan.and they have to import the part?..also hows the gas mileage on this engine..since it will be my daily driver and it only takes super..

-last question..whats the 1/4 time..sr20det swap...

well guys..im sorry for al the questions but i don't wanna spend all sorts of money and be dissapointed..so thanks in advance

my last car was a 240, very reliable, i was driving with 4 seasons tires not very good on winter and once u know how to drive it, it goes well.

Its handle like crazy i was seriously surprised

Steve S14 said:
search
you can find all the answers you are looking for
btw dont get a 240 they suck :bigup:

listen man i think i'm asking some real good questions..i've been on other forums and searched around but i need answers from people with 240s that live in quebec..i'm not gonna go ask some guy from miami how his car handles in snow..
i have searched on this site but i need more precise answering..thats all..any help would be appreciated

Why would it be bad in winter ??? Who said that and where to they live ? :rant:

Yes they are reliable, even a modded sr20det is very much.

Very comfortable and sporty driving position, great for daily driving too.

Gas mileage depens on what boost/mods you are running...

940T said:
Why would it be bad in winter ??? Who said that and where to they live ? :rant:

Yes they are reliable, even a modded sr20det is very much.

Very comfortable and sporty driving position, great for daily driving too.

Gas mileage depens on what boost/mods you are running...

just saying compared to stock engine..same driving ..is the mileage worse ..the same?,,also i want to know how i would get parts..do they import them through nissan only?

The 240sx is overall a great car. it's handling is nice, it isnt the quickest off the line, but it's got a nice feel. as for you getting a SR20det, i dont have the engine so i dont know how reliable that engine may be. i have the stocker KADE24, and parts are pretty cheap if need be, and can get them from a lot of places in quebec. however like io said, i woundelt know much about the sr20det. Turbos are much most expensive to maintain. other things beside the engine, seem alright also. the only problem i had was a leak in my fuel line. it costed about 200$ to fix and thats all. as a daily driver its not so bad, gas consumption is mild. its not great, but not terrible. but on the SR20..it prob sucks. turbo's eat up a lot of fuel. anyways, yeah the 240 is a great car, and i see its getting more and more popular, its nice to see that. as for RWD in winter, i wont lie its fun. lol but safety wise, its not. u have to be very easy with the accelator coming off of turns, or ull start drifting. what i did it put 2 sand bags in the trunk to help grip., but its not SO bad. it manageable, just dont think of hitting high speeds though. oh and dont put salt bags. the vapour seeps thru the bags and can cause rust in the trunk.. basic chemistry :D

any more questions feel free to ask :eek:

HAHA !

SR20DET are reliable ? No way...
And you want it for daily driving ?
You car will be totally destroyed!!
It's a 13 years old car man..... Think about it.
Personnally, you don't need a car like that.

SR20DET swap cost alot of money you know... and the car in good condition too.....

ziboy said:
HAHA !

SR20DET are reliable ? No way...
And you want it for daily driving ?
You car will be totally destroyed!!
It's a 13 years old car man..... Think about it.
Personnally, you don't need a car like that.

SR20DET swap cost alot of money you know... and the car in good condition too.....

SR20DET pas fiable ?????????? WTF Tu sors ca de ou ??? *banghead* *banghead* *banghead*

940T said:
SR20DET pas fiable ?????????? WTF Tu sors ca de ou ??? *banghead* *banghead* *banghead*

Je sors sa d'expérience personnelle!!!
Quand tu as pas une calisse de cenne pour un rebuild complet, tu touches pas a un SR20DET. CÉ TOUTE.

Le 3/4 du monde pensent que tu achètes un moteur qui boit pas une goutte d'huile!!!

Un SR20DET top shape rebuild complet posé sa revient a quoi, 6000$-7000$ facile....

ziboy said:
Je sors sa d'expérience personnelle!!!
Quand tu as pas une calisse de cenne pour un rebuild complet, tu touches pas a un SR20DET. CÉ TOUTE.

Le 3/4 du monde pensent que tu achètes un moteur qui boit pas une goutte d'huile!!!

Un SR20DET top shape rebuild complet posé sa revient a quoi, 6000$-7000$ facile....

Il fau les checker les SR20 avant des acheter, c'est sur que si tes check pas pis t'es maitient pas c'est come n'importe quel moteur, mais la dire qu'il sont pas fiable..hhmmm j'pense pas! c'est un des 4 cyl. les plus fiable qui y a pas AVEC du power surtout. S'il serait pas fiable, nissan l'aurait pas produit pour plus de 12 ans de suite...puis j'pourais te sortir plain d'autre raison ;)

tas juste eu un bad luck!

Chunky_Bai said:
Il fau les checker les SR20 avant des acheter, c'est sur que si tes check pas pis t'es maitient pas c'est come n'importe quel moteur, mais la dire qu'il sont pas fiable..hhmmm j'pense pas! c'est un des 4 cyl. les plus fiable qui y a pas AVEC du power surtout. S'il serait pas fiable, nissan l'aurait pas produit pour plus de 12 ans de suite...puis j'pourais te sortir plain d'autre raison ;)

tas juste eu un bad luck!

Biensûr!

Au nombre de personne a qui j'ai parlé qui voulaient une 240sx et faire un swap sr20det, sans même avoir trouver le véhicule et le moteur... sa me fait rire.

listen guys ..drifting is cool and all..but its really not my thing...coming from camaro and mustand backrounds..i just plain like rwd..but never had it in winter so i dont know..also i do a good amount of kilometers every week..so i just wanted a good sporty coupe with some power thats all..reliable ..not crazy on gas..i like the overall look of the car..and the interior is ok.i heard it handles well..and theres alot of aftermarket coming in for it..as for the sr20det..this engine has been going in few nissan cars over the past few years..and like they said if they made it for that long it must be good..thats all..and no i havent bought the car yet..you drifters are picking them up as fast as they sell em ..lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back