ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucifer

Legacy Member
I wanted to know i got a ticket last summer in a school zone.. Listen to the story though.. I got the ticket in JUly when there no school and everyone is on vacation.. Ok im taking the turn and the speeding sign is at the corner saying 30 i was going 50 then the cop stops me and tell me i was going fast , there a sign right beside the cop that says 50km. Cop write on my ticket i was going 50 on a 50 zone!! then as im driving away i read this and say wow doesnt make sence, so i take too the police staion.. Bastard take my ticket and erase the number, can i use this info in court???

Arent school zones valid only when schools are open??

lucifer said:
I wanted to know i got a ticket last summer in a school zone.. Listen to the story though.. I got the ticket in JUly when there no school and everyone is on vacation.. Ok im taking the turn and the speeding sign is at the corner saying 30 i was going 50 then the cop stops me and tell me i was going fast , there a sign right beside the cop that says 50km. Cop write on my ticket i was going 50 on a 50 zone!! then as im driving away i read this and say wow doesnt make sence, so i take too the police staion.. Bastard take my ticket and erase the number, can i use this info in court???

Arent school zones valid only when schools are open??
Summer school... lol

as far as i knw school zone is a school zone. it dosent make a diference wether its 3 am, july or what. the posted speed limit is 30.
(cote vertu from cavendish to marcel laurien is the only one that changes to my knowlege)

that's right there's flashing yellow lights to indicate when your allowed to go to 50, if there arent then it's 30 all the time....

I confirm that a whether it is a school period or not, if the post limit is 30, respect the limit.

I don't understand the 50 in a 50 zone. If you are not speeding there is no infraction. Contest and you should not have any problem. What did the police officer tell you when you were intercepted? Did you go over the limit?

It is possible that the police officer did make a mistake in the ticket. Before going to court, ask for the police officers ticket backing. He might have written a correction in it... i.e. "Mistake in copy given to citizen, should read 50 in 30 zone." Judge might declare you guilty anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back