Question about 2 stupid tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangMatt

Legacy Member
Went to the Pub in St.Annes couple friday's ago with 2 of my friends, I drove and parked right in front of the entrace (not the smartest idea).

So when were ready to leave around 2:45 we walk downstairs to see 3-4 cop cars in every direction just sitting their, I had been drinking that night, not enough to impaire my drivin but probably enough to fail the breath-test. So i decided that im not going to jump in my car and find another way home (only live about 2min away).

So, me and my 2 friends are waiting at the entrance of the pub for some girls to come down we had just met and my two friends are starting to act a little violent with eachother (we get a little roudy when drunk). I, on the otherhand was sober enough to stay out of it. Out of nowhere 4 cops come up to them and start harrasing them for thier ID's. The only ID's my friends has is their Medicare cards which they give to the cop. My friend John who also lives down the street verbely gives the cop his proper address and my other friend Jay says he lives downtown and is in the process of moving and does not know his new address off by heart (the truth), so the cop askes where he is staying tonight, Jay says my house so the cop Askes Me my me addess and postal code which i give them.

30min later the cops come back from their cars with 1 tickets for each of my freinds saying that they were yelling and disturbing the peace. Thing is, The ticket for John has the wrong address (cop wrote the wrong house number) and the ticket for Jay has My address on it with his name??

How are they ever going to trace it to my friends if we ignore the tickets, should we even bother contesting them?

my opinion is never contest a ticket just because the information on it has a mistake...

and i'm guessing since he said he's staying with you and you gave him your address, then your probably assuming respnsability for him and if he ignores it they'll send letters at your place

scarface2003 said:
my opinion is never contest a ticket just because the information on it has a mistake...

and i'm guessing since he said he's staying with you and you gave him your address, then your probably assuming respnsability for him and if he ignores it they'll send letters at your place

Excatly, but how does the cop know the information i gave him was correct? For all he knows i gave him my neighbors address... What would you do if you received a ticket at your house with someone elses name on it? throw it out?

Understand as a opinion. These infos are to use at your own risk.

you do not have to identify yourself to a police officer in a public place in quebec. If you are asked for id, you can refuse and say you don't have any. You can give a false name and a false address as long as someone by that name does not live at that address. IE, you can't impersonate someone, but you can give a false name and address to a police officer in a public place. This does not apply if you are driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as there is an infraction commited, all citizens are obliged to ID themselves. The infraction here is disturbing the peace. If you refuse to ID yourself, you get arrested. Even worse if you give a false name and adress, you will have criminal charges put againsed you.

MustangMatt said:
How are they ever going to trace it to my friends if we ignore the tickets, should we even bother contesting them?

All you need to tace a person is his full name and date of birth. Don't try to give out false info. There are many ways of finding out your real identity. If we are not sure if it, we can use reasonable measures to find it.

faux noms et adresses= obstruction à la justice pis c criminel si je me trompe pas c p-e pas la meilleure choise à faire...

scarface2003 said:

Use this information at your own risk.

Dude, that is the first thing you look for on a ticket when they give you it. Any mis-information on the ticket is grounds for dismissal and would be thrown out.

Fuzz said:
Dude, that is the first thing you look for on a ticket when they give you it. Any mis-information on the ticket is grounds for dismissal and would be thrown out.

Taken from another thread....

chaosExpanding said:
l'erreur sur le billet ne changera rien parce qu'il est permis de corriger une erreur matérielle sur le constat d'infraction sans en affecter la validité.

Si c'est un billet de stationnement et que leur seul moyen de te retracer est le # de plaque et qu'il est erroné, tu peux le mettre aux poubelles ;)

the only way I think they would throw it out is if you gave 100% of wrong information and they have no way to trace you....

Fuzz said:
Use this information at your own risk.

Use this information at your own risk. There is something that this guy didn't understand... Previous post ^^ ^^ has the correct answer.

Damn fawking right. got pulled over last year doing 121 in a 50 zone, cop told me he'd give me a 90 in a 50 zone, I had the whole conversation recorded, brought this to my lawyer, dismissed.

Any kind of misinformation is good news for you. Say your car is dark green and they wrote down black? You're off the hook.

My car is Tectite Gray, it'S a really dark grey, looks black.. saved me from 2 tickets already. Just told the judge my car is greyish silver, hoping he's not familiar with MB colors.

btw the 121 ticket was really lame, took the st-jean exit from the 40, goes from 100 to 50.. come on.... :dunno:

Narcissus said:
Any kind of misinformation is good news for you. Say your car is dark green and they wrote down black? You're off the hook.

The identification of a car is done by the licence plate and the info on the drivers licence. No way will a judge dismiss a case because of the car color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back