My insurance cancelled the contract for my STI

Status
Not open for further replies.

infectedmushroom

WHY???
I told them I would like to insure 5k of aftermarket parts that I added to my STI. I have no claims, no accident no nothing..... and they told me; Sorry but we do NOT have the right "product" for you. Best thing for you to do now is to look for an other insurance company.
WTF!?!?!?
This is just one year after I got insured with this large insurance firm (I don't want to name names so I won't say who they are) but they f@#%! suck.
These insurance company's only insure when it suits them.

I am really pissed but what can you do??... That's life when you drive an STI!

want a simple answer? The subaru sti is the car with the MOST reclamation on the market, either by theft or by accident. They don't want to insure you not because of your history, because the car: Your subaru, WILL encounter a reclamation.

Take a look at this.

infectedmushroom said:
WHY???
I told them I would like to insure 5k of aftermarket parts that I added to my STI. I have no claims, no accident no nothing..... and they told me; Sorry but we do NOT have the right "product" for you. Best thing for you to do now is to look for an other insurance company.
WTF!?!?!?
This is just one year after I got insured with this large insurance firm (I don't want to name names so I won't say who they are) but they f@#%! suck.

jveux surtout pas dire n'importe quoi mais javais dja failli me faire refusé une assurence pour qqchose de similaire...et je m'était informer a protection du consommateur et si jme souviens bien, il me disait que si tu t'informait a genre 5 ou 6 autre compagnie d'assurence et qu'il te refusais aussi, ton ancien assureur est obligé de te reprendre.....mais jveux surtout pas avoir l'air de qqn qui dit n'importe moi messemble stais ca....informe toi a l'OPC!! *tu*

ta raison icitte moi aussi un de mes chum a eu recour a ca et sa compagnie a été oubliger de continuer a l assurer mais je suis pas sur des condition mais raseigne toi il y a quelque chose a faire ces sur

I know

The WRX is the most stolen car in Canada actually and not the STI but the STI falls in the same category. The reason why I am upset is because they choose who they want to insure and we as a consumer we have no choice in getting insurance.... by law we have to have insurance by law. If it would be for me I wouldn't get insurance that's all.
I would rather put 5k of security systems in my car (and not have insurance at all) and so on than to pay these ass company's that are monopolies. Like a lot of other monopolies these companies can cherry pick their customers and to the customers that own WRX cars (in our case) we can tell them to "f*** off".

As a consumer here is my answer to these f#$%: "F*** You, you bunch of f@@$!"

Anyhow I am just venting.... that is the only thing I can do and it feels good.
Next week I will be shopping around and will keep you guys posted on my newest adventures...

If anyone has a insurance firm to suggest (that deals with SUBIES) please let me know.

Thanks

infectedmushroom said:
WHY???
WTF!?!?!?

This really proves that a regular WRX is more stolen than an STI :squintfin (this is concerning another post here).

Sucks but like they said, if you have a modded STI, the price of your car is starting to be out of range of some insurance companies. It's just like when you want to insure a Corvette, not every company will insure high end cars like that. Good luck shopping. Did they give you a notice of 30 days or something like that or they just cancelled the contract right there?

well insurance companies will like to limit their exposure on high risk vehicles. They have a ton of stats computed each week and they check to see which vehicles show the highest frequency. then an underwriter will decide whether if the premiums is sufficient to cover such losses or not. In the not situation like in your case they would rather not insure you and avoid any future loss with that vehicle.

Insurance companies would love to underwrite all business but in your case they will lose and not take that risk. some insurance companies will take that risk but with a much higer premium of course.

infectedmushroom said:
The WRX is the most stolen car in Canada actually and not the STI but the STI falls in the same category. The reason why I am upset is because they choose who they want to insure and we as a consumer we have no choice in getting insurance.... by law we have to have insurance by law. If it would be for me I wouldn't get insurance that's all.
I would rather put 5k of security systems in my car (and not have insurance at all) and so on than to pay these ass company's that are monopolies. Like a lot of other monopolies these companies can cherry pick their customers and to the customers that own WRX cars (in our case) we can tell them to "f*** off".

As a consumer here is my answer to these f#$%: "F*** You, you bunch of f@@$!"

Anyhow I am just venting.... that is the only thing I can do and it feels good.
Next week I will be shopping around and will keep you guys posted on my newest adventures...

If anyone has a insurance firm to suggest (that deals with SUBIES) please let me know.

Thanks

Good price!! check this out:

groupe assurance

Moi j'ai appeler aujoud'hui chez Belair Pour une STI 2004 pis tout risque(2 bords) sans boomerang avec 1000$ de déductible il me le faisait pour 2 200$ taxes inclus

J'ai demander 2 fois a l assureur pour etre sur que s était bien un STI!!

Jai 23 ans pas de réclamation je trouve le prix correct

Last edited:
scirocco16valve said:
well insurance companies will like to limit their exposure on high risk vehicles. They have a ton of stats computed each week and they check to see which vehicles show the highest frequency. then an underwriter will decide whether if the premiums is sufficient to cover such losses or not. In the not situation like in your case they would rather not insure you and avoid any future loss with that vehicle.

Insurance companies would love to underwrite all business but in your case they will lose and not take that risk. some insurance companies will take that risk but with a much higer premium of course.

uhhh no not really

anyways did they cancel only because you called to inform them about your mods?

If you hadnt called, then you would still be insured right?

NAME NAMES!!!! Can you honestly say that you owe then anything! They cancelled you policy.....something which you paid for and never got! You never claimed and never made them pay you anything. DUDE, they took your money and gave you a big -----> :squintfin Out them for the rats that they are!

Thats what I think anyways

-C

Update

Called to tell them that I want to insure my options as well... my contract is ending in 3 weeks. That's when they said... oh we can't insure you.... the ****ers!

If I haven't called them I still be insured BUT with no options.

I am married and 28yrs old.... was paying 1600$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back