Are radar detectors legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol_face3

hey ppl, are radar detectors legal in Quebec. :dunno:
If they are witch do u think is the best 1 for your money?
and where are good places to buy them?

lol_face3 said:

The answer is NO. They are not legal here. You can have you device siezed and will recieve a costly ticket.

lol_face3 said:

hey guys do you think sell crack on the street and beat to death prostitute are legal here in quebec, if yes where can i buy some, and btw do you know a great hookers spot in mtl

congratullation buddy youve just won the 'stupid question award of the week' *banghead*

no they are not legal , you can buy them on internet and they are all pretty good till you get bust, then you buy a newer one... radar detection is a pricey hobby :bigup:

The ticket must be about 400 or 500... Hint: Beforeyou give your detector to the police, just break it and give it to him..He won't be able to sell it.

Mais les amandes ça jouent dans les combiens de $$$ ?

Un ticket de (disons) 500$ pour en avoir sauver 4 ou 5 de 250$ auparavant je trouve que c'est quand même un bon investissement.

Mais de toutes façons, je ne crois pas que ces gadgets puissent détecter les "cinémomètres" de la SQ ... corriger moi si je me trompe.

Orgazmo said:
Mais les amandes ça jouent dans les combiens de $$$ ?

Un ticket de (disons) 500$ pour en avoir sauver 4 ou 5 de 250$ auparavant je trouve que c'est quand même un bon investissement.

Mais de toutes façons, je ne crois pas que ces gadgets puissent détecter les "cinémomètres" de la SQ ... corriger moi si je me trompe.

tu te trompe a moitier

sa vaut la peine pour sauver les ticket et c tres éfficace contre les cinémometre,¸
c les maudits lazer gun que sa fait chier

sa pogne bien les lazer aussi mais il faut quil soit en fonction *banghead*

puisque c comme un ''gun'' il te tire dessu donc, sa sonne dans ton char en meme temps que ta lecture sur le gun *banghead*

les autre radar (messemble que c d'opler tk, je ne suis pas caller en radar) ils sont plus souvant en fonctions donc, tu les pogne de loin

moi, je me suis tanné de mon détecteur (valentine :bigup: )
et je roule 120 sur le cruise control 99% du temps et lquant je veux rouler vite, le détecteur ne serverait a rien a cette vitesse

c bon quand tu roule 140-150 pis que tu veux avoir le temps de te reveiller avant de te faire ''scaner''

puma said:
ticket for radar detector can go up to 1000

why quote me for that reply :dunno: ,, i didnt say he was pathetic for the price of the ticket

only for telling people to break it so the officer cant resell it, thats dumb ? police officer have way more to do than resell your stupid detector .

titaniumACC said:
The ticket must be about 400 or 500... Hint: Beforeyou give your detector to the police, just break it and give it to him..He won't be able to sell it.
y'a un meilleur truc que ca que j'ai entendu...

Tu t'achètes un détecteur usagé pour 25$, tout décalissé pas efficace, et si tu te fais coincé, tu lui remets celui la, et garde ton détecteur de plusieurs centaines de $$ pour toi. *tu*

krackhead said:
? police officer have way more to do than resell your stupid detector .
are you sure?
i have friends who got busted with 7g of weed but in court there was only 4 g left...
wierd... :dunno:

louis123 said:
are you sure?
i have friends who got busted with 7g of weed but in court there was only 4 g left...

bin oui c ca tout les policier sont des resseleur pis des vendeur de weed *banghead*

grow up

we shoud rename this section POLICE HATER DICSUSSION BOARD

krackhead said:
why quote me for that reply :dunno: ,, i didnt say he was pathetic for the price of the ticket

only for telling people to break it so the officer cant resell it, thats dumb ? police officer have way more to do than resell your stupid detector .

it was a mistake, didn't choose the right post, sorry.

louis123 said:
are you sure?
Ok we're getting way off topic here. I believe you but it's off topic.

I have a question. The police have detector detectors right? If they detect that you do have a detector can they search your car for it? Or can you just shove it under your seat?

if they have a motive i think they can search in the car, can someone approve me on that cuz it's an opinion, if they do have radar dectectors Detectors ( haha funny to right :p) i think they can..... not sure

The detectors are illegal to own AND operate inside Quebec & Ontario. POlice have VG2/VG3 Scanners that pickup the electric freq. signal of electronic devices inside your vehicle. It won't give an exact "this is the vehicle that has it", but the VG Detectors are generally used side by side with radar and laser guns.

If they flip on their radar, you nail on your breaks, and their scanner picks up a signal, your pretty toast.

If you do use one... don't think it is a home-free kind of thing. Mall Entrances use Radar to open the door by itself, so everytime you pass by a mall, it will go off. Don't leave it out in plain sight... having your detector mounted on your windshield in plain sight in the middle of the day while driving is kind of an 'your asking for it'.

I have a mount on my windshield that I get asked about all the time.

Just use your head. Yea they are illegal, but so is driving over the speed limit or not stopping at the stop sign for 3 seconds.

Taken from H.S.C. said:
Radar warning device.

251. No person may instal, cause to be installed or in any way introduce a radar warning device in a road vehicle.
1986, c. 91, s. 251; 1988, c. 68, s. 11.

Prohibition.

252. No person may sell or lease to, or place at the disposal of any person, in exchange for consideration, or in any way offer to sell or lease to, or to place at the disposal of any person, in exchange for consideration, a radar warning device.

Confiscation.

Any contravention of this section entails, upon conviction, the confiscation of the radar warning device in favour of the Société.
1986, c. 91, s. 252; 1988, c. 68, s. 12; 1990, c. 19, s. 11.

Definition.

253. For the purposes of sections 251 and 252, a “radar warning device” is any device or combination of devices that can be used to warn the driver of a road vehicle of the presence of radar speed measuring equipment or to interfere with the normal operation of such radar equipment.

Does this mean my Laser Detetector is legal in Quebec??

Mon friend avais un detecteur et il a fini par ce faire pogner ca lui a couter un ticket de 600$ pour le detecteur et il part avec puit un autre ticket pour la vitesse tk ca la monter pas loin de 1000$

Orgazmo said:

Tu veux un investissement encore plus sur et pkus payant ? Respecte la limite de vitesse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back