Legacy GT 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAreSx

I just found a Legacy GT 98 for 6000$ (which is kinda cheap imo) and I asked myself if those were great car?? Im looking for some luxury/comfort and I also like the infamous AWD system. The car seems to have OK performance (not that I really care). I asked myself if this car is a really good one, it has 180 000km (seems a bit high) and it's fully equipped? Can I rely on the car considering the KM or the km is not really a problem?? May someone that know his shit help me? thx!
*Heard they had some "gasket" or motor problem is that something i should really check?? I really dont know what to do cause i'm tired of having a "small" car but still my car is "reliable" changing is taking a bet... is it a good bet :eek:

Last edited:
Well the car is a great car to drive. I loved mine. Just make sure the engine is in good shape. The 2.5s in there have bad head gaskets so have the engine checked by a good garage and if that checks out, then go for it. It's a pretty good price for a 98 even though it has 180 000km.

moi jai presentement une GT 2k et je dois dire que ca roule comme un charme. Tres interessant comme voiture et je le recommande. La valeur de revente peut etre quand meme assez bonne.

So except for the head gaskets there's no frequent troubleshot? And as for the 180 000km if the head is alright how long can i expect the motor to run? Approx?!?

You can get upwards of 300 000km on it easy but keep in mind that these engines tend to "tick" alot so don't be surprised by the noise. Once it's hot, it should go away though so after your test drive, listen to the engine and it should have quieted down, if not, step away.

What kind of tranny is on the car (manual or auto???)

It was manual but god... it's sold now :S
Anyway im really looking forward for a nice subaru but I cant seem to find any at a reasonable price. I dont want a 2.5 RS a TS would be just fine or older models like 96 but those are rare are they?

Well I think that in the price range you are looking at, finding a Subaru will be hard. A 98 GT is still going for around 8500 to 10 000$ so finding at 6 000$ is going to be hard. You would have more chances with a 96 Impreza.

WhiteZomby said:
so finding at 6 000$ is going to be hard. You would have more chances with a 96 Impreza.
Exactly what im looking for... the round lights if im right, those have to be good car also and they are all AWD since 96 if im right. If anyone finds one i'd be a buyer for sure... Are 96+- impreza good cars?

96 is like this model
700533_1_full.jpg

the round lights is this model 02-03
372015_6_full.jpg

Was talking about the "round" tailights dude ;) I know u didnt want to look rude but i do know Sub's models ! Anyway the 96... models are still rare.. at least non-hatchback one... even the newer model are rare (non-hatchback taht is)

I know what you're talking about man. I've been on the hunt for a nice Subaru for a while and I never really found anything nice that matches my budget. IT's hard to find nice Sube's for cheap.

Hi there! I have to say that it's too bad you didn't get the car...that it was already sold. 6000$ was a very good price since they always around 8000-9000 even for that range of mileage. If i can push my luck my friend i have to say... I'M THE ONE WHO BOUGHT THE CAR! 6000$ on lespac.com for a red Legacy GT right? I was looking for that exact car since 2 years and manual version are some how rare to find so i jumped on it without any hesitation. I went to the Subaru dealer and the mecanic told me the car couldn't be in a better shape. I didn't took the time to check up the engine entirely (compression) because i was in a rush and he said the head gasket was find and the car performance was great. Anyway I'll probably change the engine in a year or 2 for a low mileage JDM engine so it's not a problem... the only problems on the car were minor. windshield cracked, front pad and disc had to be changed, electric antenna is stuck, that's all. It's fully loeaded for options and everything working perfectly... let me know if you want me to post a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back