need help ford focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

arak

hey all,

I have a 2001 ford focus sedan with the zetec engine, I am having engine problems: The following has occured at different occasions, I go in a store come out shortly and try starting the engine and this is what happens...I crank the engin turns but does not hold it shuts off and the check engine, oil and battery lights stay on. The battery is in good shape and the oil change has been done 4 weeks ago. Does anyone know what the problem can be? I let the car sit for a longer time then it starts as normal. Must be a sensor cause works once engine has completely cooled

thank u in advance *tu*

Sounds like either a fuel pump or IAC valve. The fuel pump has an extended warranty from Ford. 10 years unlimited mileage. You should have it tested. If it fails, it's a free repair for you.

Yup go to the dealer and have them check the car out ....

They may make you pay a diagnostic charge for the sbds set up , but if it's the pump , you will not have to pay for anything .....

your prob isnt mechanical!

arak said:
great help guys *tu* just what is an iac valve?

Check if the car has had or has an alarm system or a starter or engine cut off, If was disabled wrong then the alarms computer is still under the dash and its resettign while it sits or a bad relay somewere. make sure by removeing everything that had to do wiith that alarm system or whatever was badly installed or removed. Eliminate that first then move on to mechanical problems wich considering you havent told me yet you bought this car used didnt you? And are not sure if it ever had an alarm. Otherwise have it scanned at ford!
IAC Idle air control valve ! And guys this isnt a mustang its an efi focus theres more to its systems than that! BTWay theres a fine line between a real mechanic that just replaced parts to solve problems and those who really know what they are doing, take it to a professional!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back