Ontario plates- ticket for tinted windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennis160

2 months ago my father got a ticket in quebec for tinted windows thing is his car was Ontario plated, anyways he never payed the ticket .

sorry, my question is can the quebec cops give tickets for modifications,ie tinted windows done to a vehicle plated outside the province ?

im not a professional in this subject but yes they can. the rules apply where you are. if you go 170KM\H in ontario or in quebec you will get your ticket anyways :D

yes they can, once you enter quebec, your under guebec's juristiction. same thing for quebec plated cars in ontario.

ex: ontario plated cars with radar detectors will receive tickets in quebec. Simply because its illegal to have radar detectors in quebec.

mitso68 said:
yes they can, once you enter quebec, your under guebec's juristiction. same thing for quebec plated cars in ontario.

ex: ontario plated cars with radar detectors will receive tickets in quebec. Simply because its illegal to have radar detectors in quebec.

well radar detectors are also not legal in ontario but for something like window tints or any modifications, you cant really remove them if your taking a road trip to conform to other places your only visiting

was the tint checked with a photometer on the spot, they cant give a ticket from judging with their own eyes by the way.. not that i know of

Funopolice can you answer this one bro?

Your father might have big problems next time he come to Quebec if the police run his license in the computer and find out he has an unpaid ticket... They might even go after him in Ontario, I think the SAAQ can "speak" to the OPP.

chaosExpanding said:
Your father might have big problems next time he come to Quebec if the police run his license in the computer and find out he has an unpaid ticket... They might even go after him in Ontario, I think the SAAQ can "speak" to the OPP.

that is true. i remember 3 year ago, i got a speeding ticket in vermont, and they contacted me in quebec to pay it.

with todays technology, its hard to avoid paying

chaosExpanding said:

acually now the car got plated in quebec with no problems anout a month ago and he got his ON licence swiched over to aQuebec one with no problems

That doesn't mean anything. The SAAQ is not there to collect tickets. The police can still run your fathers plates (because it's under his name...) and know that the ticket hasn't been paid.

And yes, to my knowledge, you father can recieve a ticket for tinted windows in the province, even though he's from out of town. The rules apply to the province, so every one outside that comes for a visit must comply. I'm not saying that there isin't a tolerance for out-of-towners, but thats the way the law is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back