Plugged battery backward :( NEED ADVICE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSMeloche

I did a big newbie error....

Its for my Girlfriend first car. I found her a nice 92 Mazda Protege with 168 000km on it, very clean, well equiped for 700$ with new tires, some body work to do and no battery.

The battery cable where note clearly marked, one black, and the other one black.... hummm So i plugged the battery the WRONG way, the MAIN fuse blowed. I replaced the main fuse and now whenever the key is at the ON position (not start) the starter will engage, start the engine, and remain engaged...

Do you think i f*ked the car for good? or is it just the starter solenoid thats "welded" together and engaging whenever there is current in the system.

The engine runs so the computer must be OK, lights, sunroof and heater run fine also.

Its probably only a starter problem.... do you know if the car was like that before?
if its not in the starter, its in the ingnition switch...

the car ran fine on thursday but the battery i putted in didnt keep the charge, so i change the battery and ****ed things up. I tried bypassing the ignition switch but their seems to be 2 wires feeding the starter's solenoid....

Bumping this one up..

I tried replacing my battery, but I reconnected the negative, befor ethe positive.. the 80A fuse blew.. now I replaced it.. retried the proper way.. blew the 80A again..

What could it be?!?!?!

FreAkErZ said:
Bumping this one up..

I tried replacing my battery, but I reconnected the negative, befor ethe positive.. the 80A fuse blew.. now I replaced it.. retried the proper way.. blew the 80A again..

What could it be?!?!?!
reconnect negative or positive dont have a sequence to follow check your main wire if its not ground to body due to an opencover wire.but its not important to plug positive or negatire before the other one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back