Ontario license plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijay101

my parents got me a personalized ontario license plate for my bday last year im wondering can i put it in the front of my car if i hide the "Ontario" and "Yours To Discover"

thank you

Technically it is illegal to have a front licence plate that will give the impression that it is a real one.

34. Aucune plaque ou vignette qui peut être confondue avec une plaque d'immatriculation ou une vignette de contrôle délivrée par la Société ou par une autre autorité administrative compétente ne peut être fixée sur un véhicule routier ou apposée sur une plaque, sauf s'il s'agit d'une plaque ou d'une vignette requise en vertu d'une autre loi en vigueur au Québec ou d'une plaque fixée conformément aux normes et aux conditions établies en vertu du paragraphe 19° de l'article 618.

There is a hefty ticket that goes with it... if I remember correctly it's around 300$. I would suggest that you keep the plate and put it in you garage.

FF Racer said:
Technically it is illegal to have a front licence plate that will give the impression that it is a real one.

There is a hefty ticket that goes with it... if I remember correctly it's around 300$. I would suggest that you keep the plate and put it in you garage.

ok thanks but even thought i hide the ontario like if u done see it all, but if i really cant then ill keep it at home

Even if you hide ONTARIO, it looks like a licence plate. Use it at your own risk, but you may recieve a ticket.

FF Racer said:
Even if you hide ONTARIO, it looks like a licence plate. Use it at your own risk, but you may recieve a ticket.

no i wont put it thanks for the info i just wanted to make sure before i did it :bigup:

thanks very appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back