Buying a car from ontario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyz24

how can i buy a car from ontario..what do i have to do? can i just buy it , drive it back and register it here.,.or do i have to pass inspection?

You'll have to pass inspection to have it plated here. When you buy it in Ontario, go to the licence bureau there and get a temp permit, so that you can drive it here.

Heres a complicated one, My oncle gave me a car (mazda 323 1989) and I went to pick it up last year, in summer, I towed it here, and started fixing it (new brakes, shocks, coils, exaust) because some stuff was missing/broken, Im almost done now and have the papers for the car, However, My oncle did not sign the papers (the transfer part) and passed away in november this year, so what do I do now ? The car is not in his will or anything, so do I go to the SAAQ and explain that to them or do I have to get a Notarie to make me some legal documents my Aunt can sign or something ???

That's what seems more logical. Go to the licence bureau, with a death certificate, and mention that you have the car in your posession now and would like to plate it.

But to make sure, you're better off calling SAAQ yourself.

A 1989 323 is worthless. Get it over with and and sign the papers with your uncle's name. Who is gonna care? Not the SAAQ monkeys.

twiggy144 said:
A 1989 323 is worthless. Get it over with and and sign the papers with your uncle's name. Who is gonna care? Not the SAAQ monkeys.

dude, how can you say that? probably he has sentimental values for his dead uncle's car... :(

Camry90 said:
dude, how can you say that? probably he has sentimental values for his dead uncle's car... :(

Fine with me if the 16 year old car has a sentimental value to the owner. What I meant was the car has very little commercial value, like a couple hundred $ only. The SAAQ will not ask for a notary contract to complete a transaction over a $200 car. If they do, they are more stupid than I tought.

The problem here will be to pass the safety inspection before registering a car from outside Quebec. A 16 yo car is not likely to pass inspection easily. The inspectors may draw a list of expensive repairs to undertake. Up to the owner to decide if he still wants to spend the money.

Camry90 said:

Yes it does actually, he gave it to me in parts and im rebuilding it, I was supposed to drive back to ontario to show him when Im done, but now hes dead so I intend to finish the project he had in mind for it, a B6T and AWD, and I got it for free btw, so good for you if you think its worthless, I'll still be proud driving it around cuz I fixed it myself, enjoy ur ready to drive car dude :thefinger (@twiggy144)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back