Harnet 5 point & Cage & Autre

Status
Not open for further replies.

951 Gear head

Je me demandait si on peut porter( légalement sur la route) un Harnet de course si l'auto est munie d une Cage complete?

En bref, J ai une auto qui est monter pour faire presque uniquement de la track. J ai a l'occasion le besoin de circuler sur les route ( Aller enseigner à St-Eu, station de petrol etc.)
Tu me demandrai si mon auto passerai une inspection, je serrai oubliger de dire non.
Pas par son état mécanique, Mais a cause de l'absence de certaine choses.
elle a plu de phares ( style cacher en temps normal)
Plus de sys de ventilation
Intérieur vidé, J ai garder mes panneaux de porte.
Sys d'échapement libre ( beaucoup moins bruiant de plusieurs Civic qui cercule)

En bref je cours tu après beaucoup de trouble si je prend la route avec même sur des courtes distances.
Je suis d'un certain age et je ne me comporte pas comme une (pardonner moi les jeunes) une casquette a l'envers sur la route.

L'auto est présentement immatriculé et assuré

Merci de tes conseilles

FF Racer said:
Oui tu peux poser une cage, avec un harness, mais tu dois garder tes ceintures d'origine. Tu ne peux porter un autre type de ceinture que celle d'origine en conduite de rue. Sur la piste par contre, ton harness est légal.

Je me rappellais ce texte et je me suis dit que cela pourrait sûrement répondre à ta première question. Je crois que tu peux porter ton harnet à condition que tu portes la ceinture de sécurité d'origine (dans ce cas, porter le harnet... :dunno: ).

TarToSuKkre said:
Je me rappellais ce texte et je me suis dit que cela pourrait sûrement répondre à ta première question. Je crois que tu peux porter ton harnet à condition que tu portes la ceinture de sécurité d'origine (dans ce cas, porter le harnet... :dunno: ).

I think he's asking because he doesnt have the stock seat belts anymore.

I also have a 5 points LEAF cam-lock in my car, but I also kept the stock seat belts, mainly because its just a weekend thing for me.

It says in the CSR that you cannot modify the OEM restraint system (for good reason too).

BUT, I also asked alot of my old collegues and they said that 98.3% of the time, if you have a good reason (like you stated above) and didnt, pardon my ghetto talk, ''act a fool'' in the street they will let you go...

But no you cannot drive on public streets without a OEM restraint system.

Originally Posted by FF Racer
Oui tu peux poser une cage, avec un harness, mais tu dois garder tes ceintures d'origine. Tu ne peux porter un autre type de ceinture que celle d'origine en conduite de rue. Sur la piste par contre, ton harness est légal.

Ma réponse est la. Au moins y'en a qui font des recherches....

FF Racer said:
Ma réponse est la. Au moins y'en a qui font des recherches....

My racecar has been inspected by SAAQ and is fully legal. Here is what the outcome is.

- A full cage is 100% legal as it is an addition to the orginal structure and no sheet metal has been cut from the original shell. It must not block the driver from safely exiting the car. The cage must not contact the driver.

- Anything but the stock restraint system is illegal. In my case, I trashed the original dried up and frayed 30 year old 3 point belt and installed a 6 point Sabelt. I was told that unless I can reinstall the OEM system, I must drive WITHOUT any restraint as in 1969 (age of my car) it was not mandatory to have a belt.

- If you have a cage, you must also have the center mirror as well as the driver side sunshades.

Obviously, as for any modification done on a car to be driven on the street, the vehicule must be inspected and approved. Which is a very good thing too. Also, it is not for the SAAQ inspection center to accept or refuse a car. The approval is done by Ministére des normes in Quebec City.

I have driven my racecar to events across the Northern East coast for the past 5 years and never had a problem with cops, on either side of the border.

Lee said:
- Anything but the stock restraint system is illegal. In my case, I trashed the original dried up and frayed 30 year old 3 point belt and installed a 6 point Sabelt. I was told that unless I can reinstall the OEM system, I must drive WITHOUT any restraint as in 1969 (age of my car) it was not mandatory to have a belt.

This information is false. If your vehicle originally came with seat belts, you are obliged to wear them. If you removed them, you are not legal.

Lee said:
Obviously, as for any modification done on a car to be driven on the street, the vehicule must be inspected and approved. Which is a very good thing too. Also, it is not for the SAAQ inspection center to accept or refuse a car. The approval is done by Ministére des normes in Quebec City.

The SAAQ inspection center can refuse that you drive your vehicle on public roads if it does not meet inspection rules.

Many rules are different for cars older than 1987(this must be why you don't have any problems with the autorithies) but for the lights removed... even if it is a short distance, I'm sure that it is illegal, even if the car is older than that (still an opinion).

FF Racer said:
This information is false. If your vehicle originally came with seat belts, you are obliged to wear them. If you removed them, you are not legal.

The SAAQ inspection center can refuse that you drive your vehicle on public roads if it does not meet inspection rules.

According the clerk from the Norms minister, I was allowed to disgard old unsafe belts. And if I can't find any stock new replacement, then I am allowed to drive without belts because belts were not mandatory in cars built in 1969. The law in 1969 when the car was built was that drivers were not obliged to wear a belt. And my car simply follows that rule. I doubt that the provincial office and the SAAQ are both wrong. Obviously I never drive without my harness.

SAAQ is obliged to tell you that you cannot drive your car if they find it not fit for driving. What you do with the information is up to you. SAAQ cannot impound the vehicule.

Lee said:
According the clerk from the Norms minister, I was allowed to disgard old unsafe belts. And if I can't find any stock new replacement, then I am allowed to drive without belts because belts were not mandatory in cars built in 1969. The law in 1969 when the car was built was that drivers were not obliged to wear a belt. And my car simply follows that rule. I doubt that the provincial office and the SAAQ are both wrong. Obviously I never drive without my harness.

SAAQ is obliged to tell you that you cannot drive your car if they find it not fit for driving. What you do with the information is up to you. SAAQ cannot impound the vehicule.

ok, let's say i have a pair of Sparco Pro 2000 in my track/daily driver, will i get in toruble with the cops if i have the Sparco harness bar and 4 point harness + the OEM seat belts? Do i need to get my car inspected?

Camry90 said:
ok, let's say i have a pair of Sparco Pro 2000 in my track/daily driver, will i get in toruble with the cops if i have the Sparco harness bar and 4 point harness + the OEM seat belts? Do i need to get my car inspected?

Not if you're wearing the oem seatbelt you should not. The reason why it is mandatory to wear the oem 3 point seatbelt is for safety. If your car rolls over and the roof gets crushed, the 3 point seatbelt allows you to roll sideways, preventing your head and upper body from getting squished in the wreckage. With a multuipoint belt (more than one attachement point) you cannot bend sideways, doesn't affect you if you have a good rollcage but hey, that's how it is. I think I also recall reading somewhere about firemen having a bitch of a time with those sometimes while rescuing people from wreckage, thus giving the authorities another good reason to forbid them for road use.

<<If your vehicle originally came with seat belts, you are obliged to wear them. If you removed them, you are not legal.>>

je suis d<accord que tu dois conserver les ceintures originales mais je trouve ridicule que ce serait illegal de porter un harnais...c bien plus securitaire...tu es mieux retenu dans ton siege!

Regardless of the laws, MrFondu has the fundamentals right. You're not going to care whether it was legal or not when you're dead, or worse, paralyzed in a wheelchair. The three point belt is designed to save your life, if you wear the harnesses under or over it, you're cancelling that rollover protection.

Same thing on the buckle. Racetrack emergency personel know how to release cam-lock and other exotic belt buckles... do not expect your average ambulance technician or fireman to have the same knowledge. In the dark mess of a car crash they are looking for a traditional seatbelt to release you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back