I just got 2 tickets totaling $860 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewtholotron

I just got a stopped by the cops and my lisence and registration were expired from March 24th of this year and they gave me 2 tickets totaling $860. Thats crazy expensive...is there any way to contest it? The cop was expecting me to be happy they didn't tow me, yippy.........

mewtholotron said:
I just got a stopped by the cops and my lisence and registration were expired from March 24th of this year and they gave me 2 tickets totaling $860. Thats crazy expensive...is there any way to contest it? The cop was expecting me to be happy they didn't tow me, yippy.........

how are u gona contest this ticket? it's your fault.

you're lucky they didn't tow you, they did that to 2 people i know. Did you get your notice in the mail to renew?

What were you initially stopped for? :dunno:
What's ticket number 1 for?
Driving with an expired registration is un-contestatble, it's up to the registerers ( us) to make sure all documents are up to date since you ARE the proprietor of the car.

unless I am wrong?

mewtholotron said:
registration were expired from March 24th of this year

WAKE UP it's APRIL 6th !!!!! *frustrate You got the notice to pay over 30 days ago

LEARN TO PAY YOUR STUFF IN TIME OR PAY THE PRICE *byewhore*

page3title.gif

Digitized said:
What were you initially stopped for? :dunno:
What's ticket number 1 for?
Driving with an expired registration is un-contestatble, it's up to the registerers ( us) to make sure all documents are up to date since you ARE the proprietor of the car.

unless I am wrong?

Ones for my license and the others for the registration. I know it's my fault but I didn't get anything in the mail and it's only 2 weeks out...$860 seems a little steep no? ...I figured I'd get stuck paying I was just hoping for a loop hole...thanks

A few years back, 3 friends and 1 got stopped by cops for " routine" check and all 3 friends had expired licenses and registration.. obviously my friends say they got nothing in the mail and another friend's excuse was his birthday is on the 29 of febuary ( it's true) and it was the year when it only reached 28... The cop said it still remains up to the driver to make sure all documents required to operate a motor vehicle are up to date...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back