2 exhaust tickets??? FFRACER!! CHAOS PLZ READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter Steve

Legacy Member
in january or february i got a ticket for my exhaust "non-conforme" blah blah bullshit,
i have enough evidence to fight it and shut them down, however

can the officer give me another ticket?

i just got pulled over agian about 5 minutes ago,
he told me i should have changed my muffler within 3 or 4 days to avoid a ticket and because i didnt, he can give me another one, and another one, until i go to court
but why should i change my muffler when im arguing that it is legal, thats like agreeing that its illegal

Unfortunatly, that's the way the law is. You can recieve a ticket every day for your muffler even though you are contesting it.

I call it a FIX IT ticket. You can pay it, but you also have to fix it, because you are still "breaking the law". It's not because you recieved a ticket that your car is all okay now.

As for the warning, well you have to comply to it. BTW, did it ever come to your mind that if you are always getting pulled over for your exhaust, that maybe it is really too loud? Untill the new law passes, you will have to endure. The new law will oblige the officers to test the DB levels before giving a ticket.

deos that mean he will have to make a test to see if mufler is to loud ...then if it is will give a ticket?? if its not to loud he will let me go...then 2 days later another cop will pull me over and do the same think..over and over agian?? :dunno: ...could it be they will write in the system that the test have been done already...on the vehicule so dont pull this dude over...i never got pulled over for muffler ..exept once ...mine deosint make enough noise ... :D

they can give you has many tickets has they want... If i were you I would get another exhaust system that is not to loud and/or not has detectable has a normal 1.

FF Racer said:
Unfortunatly, that's the way the law is. You can recieve a ticket every day for your muffler even though you are contesting it.

I call it a FIX IT ticket. You can pay it, but you also have to fix it, because you are still "breaking the law". It's not because you recieved a ticket that your car is all okay now.

As for the warning, well you have to comply to it. BTW, did it ever come to your mind that if you are always getting pulled over for your exhaust, that maybe it is really too loud? Untill the new law passes, you will have to endure. The new law will oblige the officers to test the DB levels before giving a ticket.

the part that really pisses me off, is that i had just returned from ordering a new exhaust

the reason it seemd loud today, is because there is a large hole next to my catylitic converter, at the joint, and i explained it to him, but he didnt seem to care,
ive ordered a dynomax muffler that has your ****ing baffles in it so you will leave me alone,

it was the same cop both times,
the worst part is that while he pulled me over, and integra drove by with NO MUFFLER AT ALL!! and he didnt even blink or look

Première question à se poser: Pourquoi vous persistez à appeler ça un "silencieux" puisque ça ne silencie pas le bruit, ça l'emplifie...

Deuxième question, à part de ceux qui vivent dans un rang où il n'y a aucun, mais aucun voisin, ces maudits mufflers de merde ne font que vous faire hair par vos voisins, ça réveille les enfants qui dorment, ca fait chier pis c'est totalement inutile...

C'est ça qui est ça.

pinsav said:
Deuxième question, à part de ceux qui vivent dans un rang où il n'y a aucun, mais aucun voisin, ces maudits mufflers de merde ne font que vous faire hair par vos voisins, ça réveille les enfants qui dorment, ca fait chier pis c'est totalement inutile...

C'est ça qui est ça.

exactly

no one wants to hear a 4 cylinder with an exhaust. they all sound horrible, and dont give any gains.

sure when youre in the car it sounds "ok" but to us, outside, it sounds horrible.

just like people with huge sounds systems and have the trunk rattling like a bus. to them inside, it sounds nice, but outside sounds like ass and they dont even know it

Maitre Absolut said:
exactly

no one wants to hear a 4 cylinder with an exhaust. they all sound horrible, and dont give any gains.

sure when youre in the car it sounds "ok" but to us, outside, it sounds horrible.

just like people with huge sounds systems and have the trunk rattling like a bus. to them inside, it sounds nice, but outside sounds like ass and they dont even know it

And now guess who's driving the car? The one who pays and the one who hears the muffler...

when i bought the car, i already had an exhaust on it, so stfu

this isnt a question about your opinion on exhausts

its not that loud, even other officers have agreed, i just have a hole in my exhaust like any other car.

same thing happened to me 2 years ago. I got a ticket at lafleurs one day after I bought the car, then the week after I got another one.... *td*

@Steve: Where are you buying your dynomax muffler?

pinsav said:
Première question à se poser: Pourquoi vous persistez à appeler ça un "silencieux" puisque ça ne silencie pas le bruit, ça l'emplifie...

C'est ça qui est ça.

Mon voisin me reveille a tout les dimanches matins à 7am quand il passe sa tondeuse. Est-ce qu'ils vont lui donner un ticket à lui aussi? Il dérange tout le quartier! En plus ca dur + 1 heure alors que moi ca dur 30s le temps de sortir de ma court et d'etre rendu au bout de la rue.

lol

QuickSiR said:
Mon voisin me reveille a tout les dimanches matins à 7am quand il passe sa tondeuse. Est-ce qu'ils vont lui donner un ticket à lui aussi? Il dérange tout le quartier! En plus ca dur + 1 heure alors que moi ca dur 30s le temps de sortir de ma court et d'etre rendu au bout de la rue.

lol

Justement, dans ma ville, c'est illégal de tondre le gazon à cet heure là. Et je respecte le règlement. Alors les ti-ricers, respectez donc les règlements sur les exaust aussi.

En passant, quand tu réveilles un bébé à 3h du matin avec ton pflow inutile, ça dure pas mal plus longtemps que 30 secondes...

Last edited:
pinsav said:

C'est ça qui est ça.

:bigup:

TealCivic93 said:
same thing happened to me 2 years ago. I got a ticket at lafleurs one day after I bought the car, then the week after I got another one.... *td*

@Steve: Where are you buying your dynomax muffler?

im buying the muffler itself from canton auto parts

its gonna be about $102 for the muffler

then im going to get Camo to custom weld a 3" catback for me

Mettre un exhaust bruyant sur une petite civic de base, c'est comme une fille qui bourre son soutien-gorge de kleenex: c'est ridicule, ça ne trompe pas grand monde et ça ne sert à rien!

Lorsque tu achètes une Civic de base, tu achètes une auto économique. Ce n'est pas l'ajout d'un simple exhaust bruyant et l'ajout de 63 stickers qui vont la transformer en race car!

chris35 said:
Justement, dans ma ville, c'est illégal de tondre le gazon à cet heure là. Et je respecte le règlement. Alors les ti-ricers, respectez donc les règlements sur les exaust aussi.

En passant, quand tu réveilles un bébé à 3h du matin avec ton pflow inutile, ça dure pas mal plus longtemps que 30 secondes...

J'ai pas de "p-flow". Parcontre j'ai une BOV.

:bigup:

FF Racer said:

FF Racer has the right answer (as always) :p
Case closed.

Maitre Absolut said:
exactly

it's people taste , there is some really nice 4banger , especialy sr20det's ... so think twice before you go say dumb things .
And BTW , an exhaust does change performance of the car , study a bit before saying BS

chris35 said:

ta pas de sens dans ce que tu dit...quand moi je viend la maison a 3h du matin ...je fait tout mon possible pour rentre dans rue pit dans mon garage sans faire de bruit ..on est pas si cave que ca mon gars...pit pour ton 'p-flow' ca fait pas de bruit un p-flow seulement si tu fonce le pedale :thefinger

chris35 said:
Mettre un exhaust bruyant sur une petite civic de base, c'est comme une fille qui bourre son soutien-gorge de kleenex: c'est ridicule, ça ne trompe pas grand monde et ça ne sert à rien!

Lorsque tu achètes une Civic de base, tu achètes une auto économique. Ce n'est pas l'ajout d'un simple exhaust bruyant et l'ajout de 63 stickers qui vont la transformer en race car!

Bon ......le vla reparti dans ses grandes phrases moralisatrices!!! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back