parking in intersection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rincevvind

I got this ticket for 52 $ for parking in intresection or less than 5 m from it (A330 on the ticket)

the intersection is a T-intersection on a one way street....

my main question is is it worth it to contest - it was tight and its not 5m away...
although i am not blocking trafic in any way...
most likely pointelss to contest... :(

it raises a question - how legit are those photos for contesting a ticket like that. do i need a witness to confirm that they were there at the taking. its a digital camera - will it suffice to leave the pictures on the camera as proof that they were unaltered.
thanks
Ale><

I dont know what ur chances are, but i find you are a little too close to the curb....u probably would have gotten away if u were parked the ur rear bumper lined up with that black post like in the 3rd pic.....but i guess there was someone in front of you....

Mon frère a eu un ticket la semaine passé pour la même chose. Ils sont maintenant plus sévère la dessu. Je sais pas quoi dire. Je trouve ça limite. C'est sur que dans ton cas tu ne bloquais pas la vue. J'trouve ça ben pire quand ya un SUV parké sur un coin qui bloque la vue pour tous les autres automobile qui sont plus bas que lui.

j'ai eu un ticket pcq la pancarte de parking avait des stickers dessus pis j'ai amené les photos d'une caméra numérique pis j'ai gagné donc je pense pas qu'il y ai de troubles...

Je me souviend bien d'une émission a la facture l'an dernier sur ce sujet...et 30 % des intersections dans le centre-ville ne respecte pas cette loi.. *banghead*

Ils ont fait le tours des parking en vérifiant les lignes de stationnnement et le tier étaient hors-limite...

To answer your first question: If you go to court and say "yes I was less than 5m away but I wasn't blocking or causing any problems", you will lose immediately.

If you want to contest, you need to prove the parking guy was wrong.

Second question: About photographs, there is no problem. Unless the judge has a reason to doubt them, since you swore you were telling the truth, he has no justification for not believing they are authentic.

I used them before, it works.

on the pictures its clearly visible that i am less than 5m - thats why if i show the pictures they can clearly see it. but its a fact that in Downtown there are plenty of spots where there is a parking meter in less than 5m from the intersections... go figure...
thanks for the help
A.

rincevvind said:
on the pictures its clearly visible that i am less than 5m - thats why if i show the pictures they can clearly see it. but its a fact that in Downtown there are plenty of spots where there is a parking meter in less than 5m from the intersections... go figure...
thanks for the help
A.

I agree, since you see on the pics that the car is less than 5m away, using them might hurt your case...

You might have to resort to going back, moving your car forward a bit and retaking pictures with someone holding a measuring tape...but you are sole responsible if you get in more trouble ;)

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back