Stop Sign (Court Story Credible?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxJDMCivicxX

Legacy Member
Ok, seriously I was innocent for this one. I was driving down notre-dame and cops were doing a sting for stop sign and they say i didn't stop but i'm 100% that they were just stereotyping cuz I speed off a lil (exhaust,intake makes noise) after completing stop. The thing is, for the stop sign he said "I didn't stop close to 0km/h and i went through it at 25km/h" Well there was a car in front of me that came to a complete stop and had no choice but to stop or else I would have rear-ended him. I know it sounds like i'm trying to get out of a ticket but seriously if I was guily I would pay it but i'm not. Will my story hold up in court or not?

Cliff: Will my story hold up in court or will the judge take the police officer's word for it? It's in Laval if that matters.

Last edited:
Your best bet is going to court to fight it. If you can't win it try and get it reduced. There's no harm in trying.

Was it on Notre-Dame near 101st ave?

Was the cop's name Johnson or something like this?

If its him, forget it. He is a "celebrity" for his stop traps.

Unless you have a really good story or a good lawyer, forget it.
Your word against his, who do you think the judge is going to believe?

If on top of that you are young, speak english and (even better) a little bit more tanned than the average quebecois, going to court is the best way to lose another 70$.

Good luck.

I guess i'll use my pepper voice then (no offense)and try and pull it off. I know the judge is gonna take his story for it cuz of the circumstances which sucks in my case but I guess it might as well try. It was a bit farther than notre-dame a 101 avenue more near elisabeth. I made a full stop then drove off slowly noticed 6-7 police bikes hidden behind park cars and figure it was a sting and then out of nowhere a cop just into the road on foot and tells me to pull over. All of this while I was working too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back