My first drive in a Subaru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vw_guy87

Legacy Member
Like the title says, I work at a delership and we recently got a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX. I did not think much of the car.. nothing extraordinary.. nor bad.. just wasnt sure what to expect. I had to bring it to CAA seeing how the previous owner had the car plated in Ontario.. anyways.. details aside.. I REALLY enjoyed how the car handles/sounds/looks. I come from a family of Volkswagen.. and it's good.. My father recently purchased a 2004 Jetta 1.8T. As soon as you tap the gas.. u are spooling. This car.. i was surprised.. u need to rev higher then the 1.8T(pass 2300 rpm) .. there is Turbo lag.. however, I assume that the turbo is MUCH bigger then our 1.8T.. I was pushed back into the seat.

WOW. is what I can say. Overall, feels like I am driving a street legal Rally car. I cant imagine how the STI feels or a well modded WRX / STI. :bigup: to Subaru. I am just curious as to how well the All Wheel Drive system works. :dunno:

Have a good one.

Vw_guy87

Im happy you liked your "first experience" with Subaru ! As for me , its my Subaru too. My brother used to have one back in the 80's. a 4x4 loyale !!! was so great in the winter!Great engine but the body was so rusted ! Anyway , I bought myself a Legacy GT (Fro the family) and I must say that I really enjoy that car.

My next car ( to replace the civic) will probably be anImpreza 2.5rs or wrx sedan.

Nice to see you liked your "test ride" with the WRX...I can't speak for the STI (apparently there is a HUGE difference with the WRX), but what I can tell you about the Subaru AWD is simply awsome...you should have tried it when there was still some snow or right after a snow storm. Only then you would understand.

My brother has a 2000 Audi A4 quattro and I have the Impreza and after trying both cars in the snow, I feel the Subaru AWD is more predictable than the Audi...I found that although Audi is still a great car, it has a tendency to loose the tail a little easier if you pushed hard...but then again I'm sold to Subaru since 2002! :D

By the way, I like your avatar...lol :bigup:

lechameau said:
Nice to see you liked your "test ride" with the WRX...I can't speak for the STI (apparently there is a HUGE difference with the WRX), but what I can tell you about the Subaru AWD is simply awsome...you should have tried it when there was still some snow or right after a snow storm. Only then you would understand.

My brother has a 2000 Audi A4 quattro and I have the Impreza and after trying both cars in the snow, I feel the Subaru AWD is more predictable than the Audi...I found that although Audi is still a great car, it has a tendency to loose the tail a little easier if you pushed hard...but then again I'm sold to Subaru since 2002! :D

By the way, I like your avatar...lol :bigup:

For the Audi, it seems less predictable due to a number of computers trying to limit wheelspin.. So if u go in a parking lot and do donuts on a snow/ice surface, 1 "donut" will not be like the next one. I dunno how the Subaru system works, but there must be something different.

Just felt like I was in a Rally.

Thanks for the Avatar comment.

If you want to feel a "fast subaru" I have two options for you:

1) My STi with upgraded components, guaranteed to make you shit your pants
2) My friend's 2005 Legacy GT with more boost, exhaust, ECUTEK, etc, ... Luxury and speed. His GT is about as fast as a stock STI

I'll try and make a Julep or something in the next while, you can't miss my car, I have a white STI lowered with GOLD BBS wheels and an insane exhaust

MontrealM3 said:

2) My friend's 2005 Legacy GT with more boost, exhaust, ECUTEK, etc, ... Luxury and speed. His GT is about as fast as a stock STI

I'll try and make a Julep or something in the next while, you can't miss my car, I have a white STI lowered with GOLD BBS wheels and an insane exhaust

lol wanna take me for a spin? :D

I gotta say, SO FAR SO GOOD, i bought my 2.5RS about a month a go, and I LOVE IT. Dont get me wrong, its not a WRX, but its still fun. Let me tell you, i can just imagine how much quicker the WRX or the STI must be. My little RS has pep!
I suggest you strongly join the SUBARU family. :p

for once I'm noty the only one trying to prove my point. I'm also very glad a volks guy actually said something was as good/better than a volks! props to you !!!

One of my buddies has a 450hp STI, and it's SICK! It's like being in a jet... the seat sucks you in... :bow:

Here's a pic of that car... Pic is by Photo_X - you've probably seen his work on the site :bigup:
sti.jpg

Only thing i can say after my first winter in a subaru is that this car laugh in the face of winter like if mother nature was hiding under a rock when she sees a Subaru ! I tried all winter to loose control of the car and its like im on rails :bigup:

MontrealM3 said:

if you ever want to take a fellow subaru owner for a spin, lemmi know.

my RS can handle, but it's slow :(

glad to see you liked the experience.

I am going crazy I think - I cant wait for winter.
since the day I got my RS2.5 not one snow flake showed up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back