CAM for B16 engine...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigtec

I wanna know which cam is the best for B16 engine??(2000 SIR) which fuel pressure regulator is good and cam gear??? coz i know there's so many different brand. AEM, Skunk2, Comptech, Mugen etc.......

And i'm a guy who likes to gain hp from the mid/top end rpm......coz i always like to drive i high rpm......so which combo will fit my driving style???

thanks for the help guys.....:bigup:

First, get i/h/e if you don't have them yet. Look for crower VTEC cams, they have a lot of applications and they're cheaper than Toda's, jun's etc...etc.... If you change your cams i suggest that you give tkmotion.com a call for a nice head porting job, your cams will benefit from the increased flow ;) You will need to raise the compression if you get wild cams too, to get the max out of it. Since you like high rpm style, i suggest a good 2.25 or 2.5" exhaust system and a good 4-1 header with a 2.5" collector...and get rid of the cat.

For the fuel pressure regulator i use B&M and am happy with it.

There's a lot of brands when it comes to cam gears, i have ALD cam gears, available at TRAC racing, made in Montreal, tested on the track by real racers and the price is great. Give them a call.

Hope this helps.

Well for cams you have alot of options.

Skunk2 Stage 2 cams would work really well if you want to keep your car somewhat streetable.

For fuel pressure regulators there's too mnay to say and most all do the same thing.

For cam gears, same as the fuel regulator.. their pretty much all the same..it's just looks/brand difference.

You might want to look into finding some CTR cams and Pistons..they can sometimes be found pretty cheap.

Sorry but for the gears you want at least 4 bolts to hold the adjustments .
Some companies go as much as 6 bolts.
AEM have only 3.
ALD have 4.
I think skunk have 6

thanks for the inputs guys........

tkm::: Is it recommended to have 4 bolts to hold for the cam gear????

mohawkboom::::: if i put in the skunk stage2 cam, do i need to do a head porting job as xxplosif1 has mentioned above???

IMO the more bolts you have holding something the better;)

All the power is in the head:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back