New member, these are my rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the fact that you actually USE your cars... if you know what I mean. You must have so much fun with them! You make me wanna participate in some sort of racing school( don't really know about any). And also, life they just said, we need more of your type on the board!

it's easy to start competition driving...

There are many clubs where you can drive your street car on a track. I'm president of LAPS Solo 1
www.laps.ca
In Solo 1, you drive in a competition against the clock with your street car. It's fast, safe, and we accept total beginners. That's how I got started only 3 years ago.

Hey if your prez of laps solo1, is it tru you had a red/rust (funny color) Neon that you sold like a year ago?(or if it was the ex prez car or something.....

yup

yeah, that was my neon. I sold it and bought a Civic. It was set up to win a stock class and it went pretty good. However, I needed a race car...

Last edited:
ok....
just to know, did you have any trouble with the guy who bought it or do you know him?

What's great about Solo 1 is that you don't need a license for your first 3 events, and after 3 events, we give you the license (you have to do some paperwork at that point, but that's it). Also, we will provide you with an instructor for those events at no additional cost.

Although there are many ways one can get on a track, Solo 1 is the only way (in hte province) to participate in a competition on a real race track unmodified by cones or pylons, and to do so with a street car.

it sounds really interesting... I would want to join but I'm not sure if I will be able to keep my car in good shape... it must be pretty expensive with the tires and the maintenance... Don't know if its a really good idea to put my daily driver on a race trac.
How much do you guys charge for the first three events and then the license? And how do you categorise the cars for different races?... does it go by power, weight, driver's abilities..?
thanx for the info vincent. :)

Solo 1

It usually costs 80$ per day to lap plus the membership (once a yeayr, around 35$), which is one of the cheapest timed track events in North America (shop around if you don`t believe me). I believe that the license is 25$, it`s not us who deliver it, but Federation Autp Quebec.

90% of our members track their daily drivers, it's not rare at all. As for tires, you can use street tires, as many members do. They will wear a little faster. Apart from that, your brake pads will wear faster. If the car is in good mechanical shape, there are not that many wear issues. My race Civic is my only car in the summer. People who get addicted usually buy a second set of wheels with better tires and use those only for racing. They usually upgrade the brake pads as well.

As for classification, it goes by stock power to weight ratio, then byu the number and type of mods.

Last edited:
Back on topic.

Very nice lookin race car!!
p5250021.jpg

Just curious what kinda mods u got???
:dunno:

Nice cars man, I like the civic, I also did a couple of solo's last year and the year before with the MCO and a couple of lapping days @ shannonville... Nice to see there are some others on this site who actually put all this "racing" equipment on there cars to work:p
keep up the good work and good luck....:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back