R34 Skyline Importing

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxJDMCivicxX

Legacy Member
I know the whole 15 years law but what about a r34 that been converted by motorex to us specs and then re-sold and shipped here is it possible?

Yeah you are allowed to import some cars from the US. If they aren't on the RIV banned list..

That why some USDM Evo's were imported legally (in the 2 initial weeks or so) before the RIV list was updated

And unfortunately the R34 is on the banned listed (also it wasn't officially sold in the states)

Ya i figured there was a reason seeing as someone would have one already but doesn't motorex do conversions for canada as well? I guess that only applies to other provinces.

It's called grey area. You can only import a car from the states that was initally built for USDM standards. Therefore, R34 are not illegible.

Thanks

Nick

Last edited:
You won't be able to have the R34 over here even if motorex have them import for the us because the R34 will have by first been modified to fit Us standard. And US standard aren't canadian ones, so you'll have to weait 15 years...

yeah , it's impossible to have a r34 here , unless you bring it from japan in a huge container and somehow get pass the security , then put it in your garage ,leave it there and wash it every week ...

so...in , 2020 we will see 15 years old Skyline on our roads ?
Who will be the first one :p ooouuuuhhh

t h e b said:
so...in , 2020 we will see 15 years old Skyline on our roads ?
Who will be the first one :p ooouuuuhhh

They started in 99 so 2009 only 4-5 years away *tu* might as well save up it's not like a built rb26 goes for peanuts.

You can buy one from Motorex then plate and assure it in Florida. This way you can have an R34 in your driveway.

Gui yo me said:
You can buy one from Motorex then plate and assure it in Florida. This way you can have an R34 in your driveway.

Ya or chop it up and rebuild and plate it as a hotrod but i would like to go the legit route. Thanks for the option.

XxJDMCivicxX said:
They started in 99 so 2009 only 4-5 years away *tu* might as well save up it's not like a built rb26 goes for peanuts.

*cough* you should re-count... a 1999 model will not be 15 years old in 2009 ... And I highly doubt the 15 year rule will still be alive by then.. I believe it will last a few more years and it will be abolished by the government like they did in australia this year.

Ti Pit said:
*cough* you should re-count... a 1999 model will not be 15 years old in 2009 ... And I highly doubt the 15 year rule will still be alive by then.. I believe it will last a few more years and it will be abolished by the government like they did in australia this year.

Hahaha there's proof drugs are bad lol. Ya i heard about that, no offense to any r32,r33 owners but they just don't do it for me and the fact that I wanna hand my friends gt-r it's ass :p.

The problem is not necessarily bringing an R34 in Canada (It can be done!) The problem is to affort one. These cars are really famous and rare in Japan specially the GTR. Therefore, they are not cheap! If I had to import one I would never re-sell it for less than 80 000$

Thank you

Nick

XxJDMCivicxX said:
Hahaha there's proof drugs are bad lol. Ya i heard about that, no offense to any r32,r33 owners but they just don't do it for me and the fact that I wanna hand my friends gt-r it's ass :p.

the r32 doesnt do it for me but the R33 to me is sick, its almost as good looking and almost as fast, i love it, the r34 will always top my lists :D

yes you will be able to pass the borders without a problem, if the car is not legal in CAnada, canada people are not allowed to buy them, but if your from the US, your allowed to drive buy,

J'ai deja vue une R33 ou R34 dans le cartier chinois à Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back