wrx motor stock boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter Steve

Legacy Member
i heard the stock boost of the wrx is around 7psi

whats the most you can SAFELY boost and about how much power should be expected from a stock wrx motor

Steve S14 said:
i heard the stock boost of the wrx is around 7psi

whats the most you can SAFELY boost and about how much power should be expected from a stock wrx motor

Man common do a search or something the same thread two post down from yours. How do you want to produce 227hp at 6000rpm with a 2l at 7 psi. Unless you have crazy compression ratio and a straight through muffler stock and not cat. the stock boost is 14psi.

Snowdrift said:
Man common do a search or something the same thread two post down from yours. How do you want to produce 227hp at 6000rpm with a 2l at 7 psi. Unless you have crazy compression ratio and a straight through muffler stock and not cat. the stock boost is 14psi.

turbo size you asshat

my friend has a wrx motor, and i know nothing about subarus, (atleast not much)

i know nissans, and i know that the sr20 can produce 205hp at 7psi from a 2.0litre, however the subaru uses the boxer format which is more productive and i dont know the SIZE of the turbo.

atleast answer the second half, if the stock boost is 14psi, how much further can you safely increase it, and about how much power would that be?

Steve S14 said:
turbo size you asshat

my friend has a wrx motor, and i know nothing about subarus, (atleast not much)

i know nissans, and i know that the sr20 can produce 205hp at 7psi from a 2.0litre, however the subaru uses the boxer format which is more productive and i dont know the SIZE of the turbo.

atleast answer the second half, if the stock boost is 14psi, how much further can you safely increase it, and about how much power would that be?

haha sorry the heat makes me grumpy. Dough!!! your wright turbo size.

Actually I answered your questions in my first sentence.

Man common do a search or something the same thread two post down from yours.

http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226301

http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221993

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back