Official 2006 Impreza info

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontrealSTi

All the infos is on the japanese website, with some big pics:

http://www.subaru.co.jp

The WRX will have 17"s, optional STi wing and STi interior color (Blue accents).

But that's in Japan, did the dealers in QC got the official infos/options/prices?

Peace.

the wrx is gonna be a 2.5 liter engine with the AVCS it will have 235 hp qith 230 ft lbs of torque ,will have 4 pots brake in front and 2 in the rear i think they said a new transmissions is on the way something like a 4.11 final drive .....
so it all come to the torque that was missing in they actual wrx so that s good :D

wallpapers anyone :D
here they are !!!

w1_02.jpg

w2_01.jpg

w1_01.jpg

ca c'est une wrx sedan....remarquez le 17 pouces et les 4 pistons en avant....
w2_01.jpg

et une station...

w3_01.jpg

et une page de données techniques... ( remarquez les diffuser en fibre de carbone sous la voiture...)
http://www.subaru.co.jp/impreza/specc/mechanism/index.html

tous les infos : ( en japonais...) http://www.subaru.co.jp

Actually they are not going for a higher gears ratio because with the actual final gears ratio of 3.90 it rev quite high at 120km. The added displacement provide more torque at lower permit a smaller gear ration for similar acceleration, so they now use 3.70 final.

Here taken from:

http://www.ottawasubaru.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184

The WRX 2.5L has a compression ratio of 8.4.

Power output is the same on the STi, 300hp/300tq. The new WRX engine is 230hp/235tq, with peak torque at 3600rpm! The new 2.5 SOHC motor is 173hp/166tq.

An interesting thing I noticed is that the STi and NA 2.5L use a 90A alternator, and the WRX uses a 110A alternator. I wonder if that's a typo.

Here's the interesting stuff: the transmissions!

The weird 1.1:1 center ratio on the WRX is gone. It is now present on the STi!

The WRX 5MT now uses a 3.70 final drive front and rear, with the following ratios:

1st 3.454
2nd 1.947
3rd 1.366
4th 0.972
5th 0.738
Rev 3.333

The STi 6MT now uses a 3.90 final drive in front, 1.1:1 center, and 3.545 rear diff. The ratios are as follows:

1st 3.636
2nd 2.375
3rd 1.761
4th 1.346
5th 0.971
6th 0.756
Rev 3.545

WRX 5MT is 3.70 final, 4EAT is 3.90 final (changed from 4.11 previously). 2.5i 5MT is 3.90 final, 4EAT is 4.11 final. STi as mentioned previously is 3.90/1.1/3.545. The 2.5i and Outback Sport models do NOT have a rear LSD, though according to the differential section of the manual there is apparently one variation of the NA 2.5 vehicles that has a 4.11 with the 5MT, but it doesn't indicate which car. It may be the OBS.

The STi still comes with 17x8 wheels, the WRX has been upgraded to 17s as standard! 17x7 with 215/45R17 W rated tires.

The WRX has been upgraded to the classic JDM/EDM STi 4-pot front brakes with 255mm rotor, and the rear 2-pots with 261mm ventilated (!) rear discs.

The WRX sedan Curb Weight is 3,192 for the base model with cloth and no sunroof, 3,239 fully optioned with leather and sunroof. The 2.5i weighs 3,016 (!) and the STi weighs 3,351.

Japan has a 1.5l FWD Impreza??

Anyway I think the new model looks better than all of them. Anyone know if interior has been changed?

I hated the center grill at first (especially on Alfa's) but now I love it. Just the tail lights I dont like...I hate seeing chrome on tail lights.

on diraît je m'habitue au look...ça doit être la bière... :beer:

sans farce je pense qu'elle a l'air un peu plus aggressive...
la hatchback ressemble vraiment à la Saab 92x :eek1:
on voit l'influance GM...

Any new infos on the 2006 WRX and STi models from the dealers here in QC?

Specs + Prices?

Also, there is a rumor on Nasioc stating a WRX "TR" version for North America. TR=Tuner Ready, with standard CD (not 6-disc), no Fogs, Manual A/C, etc... to save weight. Is there any infos on that car coming to Canada?

Peace

MontrealSTi said:
Any new infos on the 2006 WRX and STi models from the dealers here in QC?

Specs + Prices?

Also, there is a rumor on Nasioc stating a WRX "TR" version for North America. TR=Tuner Ready, with standard CD (not 6-disc), no Fogs, Manual A/C, etc... to save weight. Is there any infos on that car coming to Canada?

Peace

still waiting for those infos... i'm reading the same stuff you are...

check subarunews.net often... they have a great source of info...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back