looking 4x4 pick up truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

92vwgti

hey i just need help on looking for a used pick up in the 4500-7500$ range it has to be four wheel drive and in not bad condition.i need it to pull a double ski doo trailer with 2 ski doos and four wheelers and all and for going away far on fishing trips.so far ive considered a 1995 dodge dakota?does anyone know what the difference is with the 3.9 v6 or the 5.2 v8 which engine is better?and for the money im looking to spend what would you recommend?
thanks alot

Dakota ( near 1995) are the best compromised of all!

they can pull pretty impressive weight and they are still a somewhat small pick up truck!

No need of the V8 for your need!
the 3.9 can pull a fully loaded 23' foot camper easily!!

it will even be cheaper on gas and license! :D

Ranger V6(3.0 or 4.0) can be a good bet!
S-10 V6 4.3L are pretty cheap to buy and powerfull!

hey thanks alot..i heard that the s-10 os a garbage truck..is this true? i think il be leaning more towards dodge.. are the parts very expensive on it?

I've never like gm truck!
My sister got a lot of problem with their 1996 S-10 4.3L, so it doesn't help my appreciation, but if you like them it could be a good small truck, since they are pretty cheap to buy!

i think il go with a dodge dakota 4x4 or unless i can find a half decent ranger with the 4.0 v6 4x4

92vwgti said:
i think il go with a dodge dakota 4x4 or unless i can find a half decent ranger with the 4.0 v6 4x4

I have a 1997 Ford Ranger 4x4

(splash model)

it has the following

v6 3.0
5speed man trans
4x4
31x10.5r15 bfgoodrich all-terrain ko tires
exhaust system
chromed bumpers (installed recently)
3" lift

asking 7500$ for it, I have a bunch of pictures to post if ur interrested

I have a 1994 Mazda B4000 4x4 SE