Wtb Laptop -

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtldeals

Do any of you guys here on the board work at futureshop or
Bureau en gros cuz im looking for a brand new laptop with warranty ect.

nothing too too special.
P4 / 1.8 / 512

i was thinking about Frosties in the Kahnawake reserve ? how r they compared to other places ?

no need for burner or dvd rom ect.

PM me if you can help me out or know anyone.

Thanks for ur help

I've already moved your other thread to the computers section. use that section for computer inquiries.

*** edit: Oops, PM'd you also. :)

I live pretty close to Frostys, and looking at their website, they don't have much of a choice (i think only one brand).

How much are you willing to spend? Do you mind shopping online? Cause IBMs are the most durable ones, and Asus has some really good laptops also (they're the ones that supply parts for Apple's iBooks/PowerBooks too).

I find that the selection at FS and Bureau en gros aren't that great. I would suggest you also get a Pentium-M instead of a pentium 4, since they perform quite the same, but uses less power, and heats-up less. Pentium 4 = Desktop processor, Pentium-M = made for laptops.

If you're not going to use it for any games, I suggest taking a look at the Helwett Packard DV1000 series (or Compaq presario V2000, same thing but under compaq) at Futureshop/Bureau en Gros. Good, fairly small, and a nice price. Has a 14" widescreen, so it isn't too big that it's not portable, but just the right size for comfortable viewing. If you go with FS, you can get a warranty for up to 4 years i think.

as a former futureshop employee there isnt a big profit margin on computers and a hookup will not mean you will pay less and in some cases staff purchases will cost more than regular prices because the "cost" price (so they say) compared to the sale price because the profit margin is less than 10%.. where they make the money is the guarantees and where if they bought it staff purchase they can save you money
future shop only has a warranty with a maximum of 3 years and the 1st year is handled by the manufacturing company of your laptop anyways

just a quick pricing tip if you shop at futureshop if i remember correctly

prices ending in
.99: regular or sale prices
.95: end of the line models.. prices will drop soon
.97: clearence.. negotiate a price.. especially if you are buying a guarantee
.96: open box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back