Ok...nissan newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxplosif1

Banned
What should i know about a SR20DET swap? Year? It's bolt on in what 240 model exactly? All of them? Where can i get a good engine? Please give all the details you know such as price and stuff. :D

thanks!

the bible : http://www.srswap.com/html/info/faq_specs.htm

usually people in Montreal with SR20DET's costs them around 8000 dollars cad ( that's including engine , labor , everything that's goes in and out of the engine basically that will make your car roll ) Automotion are usually the ones who swap sr's for pretty much everbody in Montreal , labor is 2000$ but you know you get a good instaltion because they're the ones who swapped the most sr's in MTL ! Automotion can also get you a great engine ! this ain't no honda engine , stock internals it can take 400 whp+ :D

oh yes and there will be two kindas of sr20det's you'll be able to chose from , Blacktop and Redtop , the main difference between the two is that redtop is older meaning usually more KM's
and blacktop is a more recent sr20det wich usually means less KM's !:bigup:

Last edited:
How much is it for the membership ? 11$ ? :D

Viens faire un tour sur www.npclub.com, fait une recherche, ya des tones et des tones d'info sur le board mec.

Pis s'il te reste des questions, ca va nous faire un plaisir de te repondre.

Et y'a aussi

S13---» 205hp
S14---» 220hp
S15---» 250hp (non recommendé, trop cher, pas en disponibilité ici et trans, 6 vitesses faible)

S13 Red top---» 1991-1994
S13 Black top ---» 1995-1998
S14 Black top seulement je crois... pas sure... la différence entre S13 et S14 a vue d'oeil, c'est que l'arrière du couvercle de valve du S14 penche un peu vers le bas.. tandis que le S13 est flat.

Ouais spicez j'avoue qui faudrait j'me log, j'vous lis de temps en temps en tout cas :bigup:

Admettons que j'machete une vielle 240sx genre 1990, quelle moteur vas fitter bolt on? Quand tu achete un SR est-ce qu'il est complet? Pas besoin de courrailler apres des pieces qui manques?

C'est plutot ca qui m'inquiete dû au fait que c'est rare, que c'est pas disponible ici...en d,autres mots, c'pas des honda! Nous on a trop de pieces....ou presque ;)

tous les moteurs redtop et blacktop vont fitter " bolt-on " si tu t'achete une s13 meme un s14 , tu peux avoir un moteur de s14 dans un bay de s14 vice-versa , mais tu ne peux pas avoir un moteur s15 dans s13/s14 , c ca la seul restriction( bien sure que tu peux mais je veux dire que c une vrai perte d'argent et perte de temps , transmission fittage .... ) le sr20det est pas trop rare pour etre honnete ( mais ce n'est pas un b18c1 ou b18b1 non plus :D ) Osaka en a plusieurs mais Automotion peut t'en avoir aussi !

this is far from bolt in as most people think. sure everything lines up but unless youve spent time around others who have swapped leave it to automotion. i know what goes into swapping and so does S14drift! he went through with it himself and not ONCE have there been a swap where its just put engine in and turn key after all wiring ETC is done. the swap is FULL of problems that unless youve seen before and spent many hours finding the prob you will be lost. the engine is very tempermental to tuning and at400WHP on stock internals things will be ok but break fast unless your a super tuner IE derrick greaser who is one of the best sr20det tuners in north america at the moment (by my standards) he also happens to be a good friend of mine and can help you tune the engine. now fun thing is any engine fits in any S chassis. S15 is a bit tricky since custom driveshaft is need and speen sensor in S15 in japan is in the rear dif and not in tranny like pre S15 sr20det's. SOLUTION: run a Standalone like Tec 2 (highly recommended) and turn off that silly variable valve timing garbage. on stock outta box S15 300WHP is a joke to hit. basically boost up and tune for the hgih boost. internals on S15 are also beefier some say but im skeptic about that. what else....more aftermarket support on this engine than honda thats for sure but i dont know many people that would pay 1500$ for an exhaust manifold since ALL parts on this engine dont come cheap in north america since everything comes from high tuner names like HKS,greddy,tomei etc. all in all people think this swap is a 4000$ swap. i did too until i started going to automotion and looking at the swap being done and seeing how many extra parts are needed to make the car just start its nuts. also fun part about the sr20det in montreal is that i havent seen importers with full engine kits (i/c,i/c piping,maf, UNBENT FUEL RAIL!@$#$) so ALOT of parts are needed after the engine is prchased.

I agree with most of what sspikey said, but who the hell is derrick greaser. I mean, I know the best SR20DET tuners of north america, and there is no derrick to my knowledge :)

I know Andreas, Chris, Travis, Mike, etc...

derrick greaser is the guy who had the 457 WHP sr20det that blew cuz the head lifted. his best time back then was like 11.57 iirc. he ran a couple of weeks ago a 11.39 tuning the car some more on stock everything unlike first engine which was over bored.

tuner and he tunes his own car too obviously. theres also Matt which i just speak to once in a while on Aim. btw i noticed the fwd and rwd sr20det guys dont share knowledge. we should be a big family man :cry:
btw notice how we didnt mention Jim wolf muahahahahahahahahaha Rich bastard (<---PUN about his ecus)

thanks for all your answers!

Let's get this straight, i don't want any standalone here and i don't even know if i would boost more that stock. All i want is a light weight chassis, RWD and a powerfull engine....and guess what? It would be my drift machine. :D

I wouldn't build a show car, something clean but not much. Only the basic, suspension, light weight wheels, some dot tires in the front and cheap ass tires in the back! It would be a beater that i wouldn't really care if i'd hit the sidewalk etc...etc...know what i mean? ;)

So i need to get is a old 240sx. What are the years for the s13 and s14? I go to automotion with my motor (or they get one for me) and they swap it in the s13 and i'm ready to go....right?

are you sure you would wanna bash into a sidewalk flip over ( lol i'm unrealistic ) with a 8000$ swap under the hood ??

1989-1993 ---> s13 ( flip lights ) also 1994 but those are convertible
1995-1998---->s14 ( straight lights like automotion Silvias )

I wasn't really serious ;)
I know 8000$ is kinda pricey for just a "beater" :eek:

My best bet would be to buy one that already have the swap done ? Or maybe i can stick with the stock engine? Is it powerfull enough to drift on the asphalt with a stock s13? :D

stock engine 91+ with intake, headers, exhaust and camsshfats SHOULD be able to be OK to drift with. i have tried it with a 91 with intake and exhaust and was a dog basically if you let go of the gas mid drift say bye bye. then i tried it just a bit with a 91 swpaped a YES you can let off the gas stop the tires a bit and punch it midway and watch the cloud of smoke appear behind you. Btw crappy tires in the rear = crappy ass drifts. there ok to learn but get better and youll see fast that a grippy tire in the back help ALOT with your drifts. rear end is more controlled. im sure your gonna laugh at me and think i know shit all about cars and drifting but do what you want with this info. if you want a good drift beater i suggest getting the 2nd gen Rx7 turbo ll. alot of power and more than enough to keep your tires spinning. lots of aftermarket support suspension and engine wise. just that small tendancy of engine to self combust :) but its ok ehhehe.

I'm no expert when it comes to jappanese rwd cars so it,s all good! Remember, i'm a honda guy at heart ;)

My friend used to have an rx II (i think) but it wasn't turbo tho but had a few mods and he was able to drift.

Let see,

s13
old rx7
corolla gt-s (rwd)

what else do we have?

Phil,

une S13 ca peut être SOHC ou DOHC donc +/-140hp ou 155hp. Pis le char comme tel (je suis pas mal sure que tu veux une coupe et non une hatch) ca va te couter 5,000-6,000$ pour une en pas pire shape.. une manuelle c'est crissement rare.. (demande a Bu)

Y'en a pas beaucoup a vendre avec le swap déjà fait. Tout le monde ont vraiment commencé cette année a swaper.. donc ca veut les garder et s'amuser.. Tu m'a surement déjà vu slidder sur l'asphalte sèche sans probleme.. mais je serais pas capable de mettre ca de travers sur tout le parcours à St-Eu. En premiere ca slide quand tu mets ca de coté...

Avec le DOHC y'a de quoi a faire N/A de cool... cams head work...

Mais pour le SR faut pas oublier que le char tombe pas en rouille et que le chassis soit pas pourri.. Va falloir une bonne suspension avec ca! (2000$)

older supras also were RWD and turbo. corolla GTS i might be able to hood you up with one from a friend of a friend.

J'veux ce modele là!
nissan1.jpg

Ou bien ca :D
92809071990112MED.jpg

C'est quoi les specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back