Bass Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't bother with a bass tube. May as well get a 10" and a small 300W amp. Something like a 75Wx2 RMS. You'll get much better SQ. Bass tubes tend to distort very quickly when you try and pump up the volume.

sub

I want something easy to install and cheap, very cheap

what about the boxes that have a sub and amp togeather i think infinity makes one??

a guy a futur shop told me that 12 were better for listening to hip hop is that true???

Re: sub

yeah, more or less. with a 12", you'll be hittin the lower notes if your box is properly made. But with any size sub, it all depends on the install. You could get a 12" and it'll sound like crap, but it won't necessarily be the sub. Anyways, if you want some more audio help and info check out the board at www.caraudio.com
On my new car however, all I'm going to be putting for myself is 2 10s for now (I listen to mostly hip-hop also). With a good box and proper placement, I could easily pull off the same dB and SQ that a 12 will put out. Also if your only looking to get the sub and the amp and are going to keep the stock speakers, consider getting some kind of a bass blocker for your speakers, and block say everything under 80Hz. That way you can crank your speakers, without worrying about them distorting from the bass.

(I've had budget sound systems, I found out what I needed in fact I think I'm going to have this system on a budget. Until I locate some funds for what I really want.)

thanks for the info,

I saw at futur shop they had a MTX 10" 250 watt for like 60 bucks+70 fro a box, or they had and Xplode 10" 400 watt with long box for 229, which would be the best deal and what amp should I get, i know I should spend more for the amp...

kicker

you mean the square one or the round, I really don't need a huge system just to get a bit more beat.

how much are kickers??? and what is the cheapest and best amp (300w)

Re: kicker

I suggest going to a car audio specific store, ask your questions there, about sub+box combinations as well as amps. Then should you want to buy direct from them, go ahead, or search for a better price. But they'll definetly give you the info you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back