I need help with something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris-R

Shop Representative
I want to buy a CD/DVD/screen for my car and I know there are a couple of companis that make them. Whatr is good and what is not, and how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks

Hey Chris,

what kind of layout are you looking for? all in one "din" unit? or a drop down screen with seperate units? the all in one unit is very costly( as mush as 4000$) but real cool... the screen, dvd and radio all clarion should be around 1200-1500$

IMHO.. I think the clarion stuff is probably the best, good support, good quality, and fair pricing...

I have a full system in the car right now with an Alpine in dash CD. I want to be able to play DVD's and have a nice screen. I was thinking an all in one just due to the packaging convenience (one place, no extra crap) but if you thin that it can be as good and cheaper...I want to hear more!

Chris.. yes the all in one set up is the best.. but very costly.. the alpine one is very nice however next spring Clarion is coming out with a 7" wide screen verson fully motorized and touch screen, built in dvd, vcd, mp3 and cd player.. but estimaed retail is about 6000$.. is the tV mostly for yourself or just for show, cuz the best way and cheepest way is to put them in the head rest (it very easy to do, about 30min) and if your deck has an aux input just get a 12v dvd player and your done!

I want to be able to watch it in front while stuck in traffic or just cruising around downtown.
I think $6000 is just a BIT out of my budget for a 7" TV. I'll geta 60" one for my apt. first, thanks.

i beleive Panasonic has a great looking all in one package
with in dash dvd/cd/radio,and is a full 7 inch screen.
price here is about 3000..seen a few in vehicles and it looks great..

Richie.. at my work were a panasonic dealer the screen your talking about retails for about 4000$...looks great, but crappy sound if you dont have any amps...

Chris you still didnt asnwer my question does your alpine deck have aux inputs? if it does you ca just add a monitor to your system... roof moutn or DIN mount if you have the room..

Ummm, did I mention I know nothing about the damn thing? It plays my CD's when I stick them in.

I'll check the model # and get out the manual and tell you Wednesday.
Thanks!!

Yes but anyone who invests the money in a in dash unit like
that usually has amps and components to back it up..

Ì got the 6.4 clarion and i lobve it. I hook up a PS2 for games and DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back