Check engine light**on**

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernVW

Legacy Member
2002 impreza 2.5ts

So the light came on but is not blinking. I believe that this means that I can still drive it. Right??

Is there somewhere to get the codes scanned other than the dealer? And if so, does anyone know of a good source of OEM or better parts? Oxygen sensors, etc...

THanks alot.

I need to know that too.. my check engine light is on since 110 000km.... My car now have 120 000 km on it..Stupid Knock sensor.

Your 2002 is not on the warranty? Anyway...with Subaru better to get there until the 5 years warranty for "tout ce qui baigne dans l'huile" is finish.

Good luck.

^^^

No the warranty is over. Too many Km's :D

I need to find cheap OEM parts and a Scanner thingy...

What do you call them for Subaru's anyhow?? Are they OBD2 ports or whatever :dunno:

Thanks for any help.

maybee you have installed somethings recently ?

me I've put borla header and 24hrs later my CEL lighted !!! disapeard and reapered after few days ???? but it is not flashing

look under your dash of the driver side you ll see 2 plugs for computer reader

^^^
No, this car is as stock as they come(girlfriends)

Although it did happen just after she left a gas station. (yes I checked and the gas cap was on correctly)

THanks again.

tu vas au pif paf pis ya un lecteur (obbII jpense) qui te dit directement c koi ton probleme

moi aussi mon CEL est allumer depuis 2 semaines chu sur que mon sensor O2 est peté. .. tk on verra ben lol

blazz said:
ah ouin essence pauvre!!???

comment fait il pour te verifier ca ? O2sensor ?

Knock sensor

Anyways vous avez juste a aller dans un ptit garage de coin de rue, ils vont vous scanner sa pour pas cher.

**UPDATE**

So I didn't feel like paying to have it scanned at a garage, so I just filled it up with super, unplugged the battery for 10 minutes and voila, light went off. I realise that it may come back on, but for now it's off.

thanks for all the help *tu*

Ya un garage independant dans mon boutte qui me chargeait 400$ pour changer mon knock sensor.....
Too Bad, SubaruCar.net me le fait a 150$.On les connait en plus , donc ca me derange pas de revirer a Richelieu.

If you are talking to me, i dont need to scan for my check engine since the garage had detected 2 times the same problem. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back