Lowering springs only in front???

Status
Not open for further replies.

L0G1K

Legacy Member
Hey I did a thread a while ago on cheap suspension upgrades and anyways now I found two lowering springs for the front of the car. Well they are Apex springs suposly in good shape and the guy sells them for 125$.... He says the car will handle a lot better even if I keep the stock coils in the rear. I find this kind of hard to beleive and I think he may be only trying to sell his springs.......
Cause I'm really low on the buget side, I think I might have big repares comming on my car.....:eek:

What do you think? BTW they sell for 360$ new....

Get the full set. If you have non-matching springs on all four corners, the suspension won't behave the same front and back. What that means is that your car won't be going up and down at the same rythm, and you'll be alot less stable.

If you can't afford to drop your car the right way, wait a little, save up, and do it later. You'll be alot happier you did and will be problem free.

drop

Thanks that's what I'll do... Also another question: is the H & R springs worth the 75$ more to get them or does the Apex work has well? I was told the Apex are just has good.....

I now found a set of 4 B&G sport suspension springs for 250$. Is it a goo deal and is it a good brand? I really don't know those....

YOu would only want to put stiffer spring in the rear never the front. You always want to fron to deflet more and hold th road contour better to maximize bite on turns. So having your back stiffer would help the proportions. I had truck prings on my old buick to help haul trailers and stuff....the rear springs were so stiff the car handled like a dream (for a 3000lb car).

get H&R or Ebiach or Nuespeed, i have the snewspeed sport, nice ride.. they are progressive....i would have prefered to get the ebiach.

What about the B&G sport suspension springs? I found a set 3 months old for 250$... is it a good deal? I guess I'dd be better witht hose since there are 4 of them? But is it a good quality? To be honnest I had never heard of this brand before.....

I would not get second hand springs personaly, and put it this way. You never know how hard the guy drove on them or when they might crack. Shock & sprigns, clutches and brakes I would never buy second hand. I have never heard of the brand your reffering too, but if it's not on a race team then don't get it, that i how i feel. Spring company that are ISO 9001 help in feeling confident, but still if they buy cheap bar stock then you get cheap springs.

Yeah I get your point... it's just that I'm straped on cash and that's the only way I can afford a better suspension....I won't be able to pay more than this for a suspension.... I might as well leave it stock? I wouldn't get used clutch or break either, but for springs I didn't think it could wear up that easy....They are only 3 months old...

BTW
I just went on e-bay searching for dodge neon and man they sell coil spring 30$ coil over for set 75$! and strut bar for 10$ CAI for like 30$ WTF! are MY car parts that expensive or they are all junk?
I heard domestics parts were less expensive but hthis is just TOO cheap!

dood if you're strapped for cash and you got big repairs coming up, don't you think you should skip the springs for now?

Originally posted by L0G1K
Yeah I get your point... it's just that I'm straped on cash and that's the only way I can afford a better suspension....I won't be able to pay more than this for a suspension.... I might as well leave it stock? I wouldn't get used clutch or break either, but for springs I didn't think it could wear up that easy....They are only 3 months old...

BTW
I just went on e-bay searching for dodge neon and man they sell coil spring 30$ coil over for set 75$! and strut bar for 10$ CAI for like 30$ WTF! are MY car parts that expensive or they are all junk?
I heard domestics parts were less expensive but hthis is just TOO cheap!

THose are probably chit stuff. Two, want to make a strut bar, if you can weld then you can make the ultimate one. Also save on the suspention, mabey do the busings first, makes a differnce, then shcoks and springs....or oposite. But there is no point to do it if you car is going to break down on you and be a hunck of metal in your driveway with new springs and shcoks.
:D

Yeah... Well Actually I tought it was something like the differential going or something, but it seems finally it's "Only"the boot in the shock that's broken and makes a funny noise... but I've been so unlucky ever since that engine swap, I'm just scared something else might break.... I've put more than 1000$ on repairs in the last 4 months.....There's always something that seems to break.... but I guess that's normal when your aproaching the 200 000 km.....

why dont u buy the apex ones for 125 than save up and buy whatever else is needed and install it all at the same time...grab the deal while you can!

Well if I buy the Apex in front, and then wait and buy some brand new apex in the back, it will be a balanced kit no?

Just be patient, keep the suspension stock untill you can find a good complete set of springs. Don't go mismatching sets cause unless you actually calculated spring rates and setup the car for that, it'll run like crap. Suspension is a little more complicated than just shorter springs and stiffer shocks.

Well since my GF and their parents didn't know what to give me, I told them to give me money so it would pay a bit for the springs, so I ordered a set of brand new apex springs.... At least I'll have a matching set :)

Now I just need to install them... THe back seems easy, but I'm not too shure about the front :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back