Know any good Mopar sites ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver7

Legacy Member
Need some good tech sites for later-day Chrysler products , FWD friendly even better !

Where do you guys go ????

crazy1eye said:
What car? What do you need to know?

3.0l V6 Acclaim

Just basic stuff for now , and some ideas for the future ...
Allready found Allpar.com , thought it was a good site,I knew there would be more , thanks guys !!

my friend have just buy a Chrysler industrial Hemi . but he have no idea which bloc is . the things i know is it s not a 426 :( but still have lot of potential !|!

where can i find the casting number on the engine ?

thanks

Man there is actually a 3.0l registry !?!

I am constantly amazed by the dedication some have for their vehicles , not to mention some of the mods !!!!!

Cool read :bigup:

Btw thanks Crazy1 , The dodge garage is a very good site, just found this one the other day......

The plan is for the car is to be my winter beater/daily runner , honestly I don't really plan on doing any mods to the car (xcept, other than possibly upgrading to 205-60-15's) But I am starting to like this car more and more every day, it's shockingly peppy off the start, and quite comfortable.Being a 4 door ,it's also much more practical than my previous beater....errr car. Not that bad on gas either, as long as I keep my foot out of it. :eek:

Noticed though the trans shifts oddly though, it seems to shift early on the one-two shift, then it takes vvvvvvery long before the 2-3 . From reading up on this, do you think I should just start by doing a tranny flush , or could it be more like a band adjustment ...My tranny guy here at work (Ford shop) don't really know much about the Mopars ....
(((It's a three speed auto btw ))))

silver7 said:
Man there is actually a 3.0l registry !?!

I am constantly amazed by the dedication some have for their vehicles , not to mention some of the mods !!!!!

Cool read :bigup:

Btw thanks Crazy1 , The dodge garage is a very good site, just found this one the other day......

The plan is for the car is to be my winter beater/daily runner , honestly I don't really plan on doing any mods to the car (xcept, other than possibly upgrading to 205-60-15's) But I am starting to like this car more and more every day, it's shockingly peppy off the start, and quite comfortable.Being a 4 door ,it's also much more practical than my previous beater....errr car. Not that bad on gas either, as long as I keep my foot out of it. :eek:

Noticed though the trans shifts oddly though, it seems to shift early on the one-two shift, then it takes vvvvvvery long before the 2-3 . From reading up on this, do you think I should just start by doing a tranny flush , or could it be more like a band adjustment ...My tranny guy here at work (Ford shop) don't really know much about the Mopars ....
(((It's a three speed auto btw ))))

Ahh Yes the 3rd auto, Id start by doing the tranny flush and having the filter changed too. Have the band adjustment done aswell. I did that in my old neon and the difference was night and day. Use the Chrysler fluid it helps alot too.

at the same time you can give me your valve body and I can "tune" it ;)

The 3 speeds are pretty built proof and didnt have as many issues like the 4speeds did.

LeKiD said:
my friend have just buy a Chrysler industrial Hemi . but he have no idea which bloc is . the things i know is it s not a 426 :( but still have lot of potential !|!

where can i find the casting number on the engine ?

thanks

unlike the gm ones, for a hemi look at the front of the engine behind the flat for the distributor and beside where the coolant hose is
there might be a cast number and the date of fabrication at the foundry is supposed to be on the side of the engine, look at it to compare your numbers

http://www.yearone.com/updatedsinglepages/Id_info/mopar/mopar casting numbers/castingnumbers1.html

they don't talk about 331, 354 and 392 hemi are older that 426 and their distributor is in the back of the engine look to another site and you will probably find

good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back