engine rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

alx21

Legacy Member
jaimerais savoir en quoi consiste un rebuild complet dun moteur, cest quoi quil faut faire et surtout les pieces importante a changer
jaimerais aussi savoir le prix "average" pour la job sur un 4 cyl

aussi lorsque lon fait refaire la tete, est-ce que ca comprend aussi le changement des springs de valve,des valves,etc

finalement jaimerais avoir des idée de prix pour le rebuilt dun block, est-ce quil faut changer les pistons? si oui est-ce que ca vaut la peine de oversizer les cylindres en meme temp

merci pour vos infos, ca va maider dans mon projet

moi quand j ai acheter mon civic ,l ancienne proprietaire venait juste de refaire le moteur chez honda pis sa la couter 3500 j ai la facture ,pis j aurais preferer l acheter le moteur scrap pour 3500 j aurais de quoi de mieux qu un dx

Y'a une place que j'avais appelé quand ils te rebuilt ton moteur (genre 1500$) ils peuvent te planir la tête puis te l'oversizer pour presque rien

this is what i done to the motor.

1. dismantled the head form the block and sent the head to macine shop and snadblast and redo the complete head for 180 bucks.

2. dismantled the block down to the bone and sent it to same machine shop for steam washing and cleaning.

3. measure the cylinders to decide what size rings to use.

4. got a bottom end gasket set, piston rings, crank bearings, rod bearings, all the parts needed to do the bottom end. got a valve cover gasket and what is missing from the head set since macine shop will supply some. another 400-500

5. pick up the head and block

6. reassemble according to spec.

i think that is all.

You resurface your head to clean off the little pieces of head gasket left over. Also because with time a head can warp and you want to make it straight again. This does increase the CR but only very little.
If you shave your head, then you will increase the CR by a bit.

Resurface and shave are 2 different things.

scirocco16valve: For $180 you didn't get new valve guides right?

well some valve guides didn;t need replacing and are usuable and i think a few did need replacement. usually he does all my heads and machining work for me. Like Flywheels he charges me 35.00 and disc rotors about 10.00 each. Price is negotiable if you do alot.

well i resurface the head to make sure it is complete flat when it mates onto the block. as for head gasket pieces you can use a razor blade to remove it with ease.
if you rebuild the bottom end you might as well do the top at the same time to save you problems later on. just some insurance if you don;t mind removing the head later or gettting stranded etc...
just my 2 cents.:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back