FMIC conversion on STi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

titaniumACC

I'm looking to buy an STi and want to put a FMIC instead of stock one. There is bolt-on kit available ? Someone try it ?

APS make some bolt on kit as many other company ( TXS, Perrin, and some other ). Its a pricey option tho... 1000US-1500US if I remember correctly. But doing this kind of modification without big turbo and the suff that goes with is is IMHO useless...

If you want bling the APS7XX is pretty insane but a lot of $$ and overkill.

I picked up the TurboXS unit for 825$ USD shipped, a bargain as far as I am concerned and does the job.

You have to remove the bumper beam (25lbs++!!) and they supply you with a new one. The kit if fully "plug and play" but you need to really cut the bumper.

As mentioned above, don't bother doing this unless you have a larger turbo.

I will post some pics this weekend hopefully of my new setup.

MontrealM3: Do you get a lot more turbo lag with the bigger turbo? What did you run in your 500whp (if I remember correctly) STi?

Of course i want a larger turbo but i want to have a FMIC also because i want to shave the hoodscoop...and rear-wing, and STi badges..

I don't find there is any more lag in my car but I have a "smaller" turbo that spools quick so it counterbalances I guess.

c drôle ya du monde qui tuerait pour une scoop et encore plus pour l`aileron....mais jaime l`idée sleeper. "Ah, c juste une 2.5... et vrrooummm, psshhht!!!!!!!Damn!!!!" *byewhore* :bigup:

SUB said:
c drôle ya du monde qui tuerait pour une scoop et encore plus pour l`aileron....mais jaime l`idée sleeper. "Ah, c juste une 2.5... et vrrooummm, psshhht!!!!!!!Damn!!!!" *byewhore* :bigup:

Les badges 2.5TS sont déjà prévues si j'achètes une STi + FMIC - aileron et hood scoop. Je vendrais ces deux pièces à qqun qui a une TS ou WRX pour faire un wanna-be STi.. moi je serai wanna-be 2.5TS..mais avec un son de tracteur et une blow-off valve... :laugh:

titaniumACC said:
Les badges 2.5TS sont déjà prévues si j'achètes une STi + FMIC - aileron et hood scoop. Je vendrais ces deux pièces à qqun qui a une TS ou WRX pour faire un wanna-be STi.. moi je serai wanna-be 2.5TS..mais avec un son de tracteur et une blow-off valve... :laugh:
si tu veut la badge 2.5RS je lai, dit moi le.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back